PDA

View Full Version : glue stick group buy

jballs918
04-03-2007, 06:31 AM
what you all think about that. i found a place on the net that sells by the pound, minimum is 25 pound. they run about 2 bucks a pound, not sure how may that is but they come in 10 inch sticks just an idea

Lucky Joe
04-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Interesting, I was out shopping for glue sticks today. They are a lot more off the shelf than $2.00/lb.

KevMT
04-04-2007, 10:54 PM
At the local Super Wally World they sell 24 high temperature sticks for $3.57 in the craft and fabric section. That works out to about $3 per pound. I'm ok with that for now but in looking around on the net I found some places that sell colored and even glow in the dark glue sticks at about $5 / pound. I know this sounds silly but I will be looking in to the colored sticks for making gluelits. Now hear me out. :???: A while back my son was messing around with those "airsoft" pistols and we set up a place to shoot in the basement. I played with it a lot and eventually got to where I could raise and fire , more or less, instinctivly and regularly hit a 1" square bell from 18-20 feet in about a half second. I believe one of the things that helped me was seeing the yellow airsoft ball streak to the target so I had an instant register as to where the shot went. I'm hoping to have the same sort of thing work with yellow or other brightly colored gluelits. If it works I will publish a book titled Zen and the art of gluelit shooting. :roll:

Kev
NAGS life member

G. Blessing
04-06-2007, 05:05 AM
Yeah, seeing the aisoft pellets helped me with being able to shoot mine from the hip. learning that, if I watch carefuly I can almost do it with a .22....

I think the glow in the dark one could be fun! I'm thinking a pitch black night, lighted targets, and glow glulits! would look like star wars!

G.