PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing on the 4th of July this year?

Bert2368
04-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Myself, I'm going to be shooting the fireworks.

I am a pyrotechnics and special effects company owner/operator.

http://www.hollywoodpyrotechnics.com/

Yes, I blow things up for a living!

And if you're in the upper Midwest and want to do the same part time- email me. We are going to run a training class for outdoor fireworks operators in East central MN on May 5th. We work in MN, WI, IA, ND, SD and NE mostly.

bert@hollywoodpyrotechnics.com

Or

info@hollywoodpyrotechnics.com

You must be at least 18 and not have a felony conviction to participate in the class- BATF requirements for handling explosives are about the same as for buying a gun from a dealer, so most folks here are good to go.

The training location is about 70 miles North of St. Paul MN and will run from 9:00 am untill mid afternoon, with lunch provided. Lecture, hands on training in firing of professional shells and a multiple guess test. If the weather is good and you care to stay untill dark, we can set up and electricaly fire a small show at dusk.

Training is free, the fireworks you shoot and lunch as well. We have a text book you can buy if you like, it's $40.00 (goes to the publishers-that's the Pyrotechnics Guild International, not us)

If you like what you see and learn, we have some paid work (mostly on weekends) throughout the summer and fall.

BTW, a number of women work for us, both on their own and teaming with husband or kids. So if your wife/girlfriend/daughter wants to learn to do this, bring her!

wgr
04-04-2012, 11:35 PM
i will do something differant this year. last year had a can about 1/3 full of black powder go off in my hand

WILCO
04-04-2012, 11:43 PM
Man, I'm trying to just get through frigging Easter.......

starmac
04-04-2012, 11:54 PM
The kings should be running, fireworks are no fun in the daylight, but the kings would win even if it was dark. lol

Jim Flinchbaugh
04-05-2012, 02:19 AM
I will be floating the North Fork of the Flathead river, fishing for big, fat cutthroat trout!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/James64/P8100054_edited-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/James64/NFdrama.jpg

insanelupus
04-05-2012, 03:23 AM
Jim, had any luck lately. I've been told the cut spawn is on and things are biting.

Bert2368
04-05-2012, 04:15 AM
Trout! I have not had a week end off during non frozen fishing season in 10 years. I go diving someplace warm and look at the salty fish during the off season though. Ice fishing is not my thing, I can't chop a big enough hole for the boat anymore.

Jim Flinchbaugh
04-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Jim, had any luck lately. I've been told the cut spawn is on and things are biting.

Not since ice out. The river is gonna be a mess till late June then it will get better and better till End of September.

redneckdan
04-05-2012, 12:09 PM
I'm IN! God willing and the creek don't rise I will be over there on a more permanent basis starting this summer.

Blacksmith
04-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Local Trout season started last Saturday. It's a put and take stream, hatchery raised because stream is to warm for them to survive, they are mostly all caught now. I don't see the point myself.

ErikO
04-05-2012, 12:20 PM
I'll be celebrating my lovely wife's 40'th birthday. Something might get blowed up, hopefully nobody we know. :)