PDA

View Full Version : spent 12hrs in the ER

edsmith
04-03-2012, 02:46 AM
sat. morn at 3:30 got up to take a wiz, nothing but blood and blood clots, not good. went to the ER, they took blood for blood test, put me in a catscan machine, stuck a cathader in the old crank, talk about pain, I think they used a garden hose with the sprinkler head still attached to it. they flushed out the bladder, they could find nothing wrong, blood test came back normal. they said time for a specialst, went today, he said he didn't see any thing wrong, he is going to use a camera thursday to look at the bladder. then he told me after looking at the catscans that he found kidney cancer, he said that is is small,that it would have to be a lot larger to be dangerous,there is a 20% chance that is is benign, he is going to do a biopsy, if it is not bengin he can just make a small slit and insert a probe and freeze it and kill it.if it wasn't for the bleeding ( he thinks it is caused from over use of ibuprofen I take for back pain) it would not have been found untill it was too late to cure it. talk about getting lucky.[smilie=w:

gandydancer
04-03-2012, 03:32 AM
I would say you have someone watching over you. Lets hope it all works out just fine. Take care. gandy

Blacksmith
04-03-2012, 03:32 AM
Glad you caught it in time. Good Luck.

Stephen Cohen
04-03-2012, 03:37 AM
Hope all goes well for you, they found mine 5yrs ago it was 40cm in size and they removed the kidney. Sort of makes one appreciate life more.

missionary5155
04-03-2012, 04:40 AM
Good morning
I will pray God shows you the right solution.
Are you taking a Saw Palmeto capsule.. I have been for about 7 yeasr now. Started when I was 54 as it was getting hard just to irrigate a bush anymore. Stuff works. Many doctors cannot or will not mention these things due to the doctor union they joined. Start searching about and asking questions. There are remedies that can help.. some are worthless.
Mike in Peru

Lefty SRH
04-03-2012, 05:05 AM
Thank god you found it early....keep us informed.

Ramar
04-03-2012, 08:13 AM
I'm praying for you brother.
Rama

WILCO
04-03-2012, 09:20 AM
I'm praying for you brother.
Rama

Ditto for me Ed.

cobroller
04-03-2012, 09:55 AM
Take care of yourself. Keep your priorities in order. Prayers said for you. Peace and comfort to you.

ErikO
04-03-2012, 10:27 AM
Prayers sent.

I had a bladder infection when I was five. To say I know your pain from the catheter is an understatement, it's my clearest unhappy childhood memory.

Glad they found the misbehaving renal cells as early as they did.

alamogunr
04-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Good morning
I will pray God shows you the right solution.
Are you taking a Saw Palmeto capsule.. I have been for about 7 yeasr now. Started when I was 54 as it was getting hard just to irrigate a bush anymore. Stuff works. Many doctors cannot or will not mention these things due to the doctor union they joined. Start searching about and asking questions. There are remedies that can help.. some are worthless.
Mike in Peru

My doctor steered me to Saw Palmetto about 5 years ago. I was 64 and he found enlarged prostate. No cancer but the prostate was pressing on the tube from the bladder. I've been taking it ever since. I guess he wasn't a union member.

slide
04-03-2012, 10:47 AM
Hang in there!

runfiverun
04-03-2012, 11:06 AM
i have seen quite a few guy's with back pain take different medications for it.
and the pain intensifies.
it's not the back that is hurting it is the kidneys, and the pain meds keep making it worse.
hope all goes well,and it isn't cancerous.

tanstafl10
04-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Best of Luck,
Will keep you in my thoughts...

9.3X62AL
04-03-2012, 02:47 PM
He works in mysterious ways. Pain, or its absence when it should be present, has meaning.

Junior1942
04-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Good luck when the bills start coming in from people you've never heard of. Also, I hope they checked for fecal matter in your urine. My colon and bladder connected to each other and communicated. An infection in the tip of a tiny colon diverticula ate through the tip and through my bladder where the tip touched the bladder. It's called a "fistula." It is more common than you think. Women get them more than men due to childbirth stress on the vagina wall. A fistula developes between the vagina and the colon. They are usually caught early due to the stench. In a man, like me, they're discovered after years of urinary tract infections. Suddenly, a man pees blood from a massive infection.

ph4570
04-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Ed,
Hope it turns out benign.

hiram1
04-03-2012, 03:50 PM
yes that is what i like to hear you got it in time God was on your side today

firefly1957
04-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Prayers for your full recovery.

Bullet Caster
04-03-2012, 07:56 PM
My prayers are with you and your family. I know that God will restore your health. He's in that business. Take care and get well s00n. BC

Alchemist
04-03-2012, 08:05 PM
I've had the camera routine myself, so I can relate. Good luck with your treatments.

Firebricker
04-03-2012, 08:40 PM
Ed praying it's benign either way glad you found it early. Hang in there buddy were all pulling for you.
FB

Jim Flinchbaugh
04-03-2012, 09:08 PM
Hope everything turns out OK,
After reading you post, I bet you can spin one heck of a yarn around a campfire :mrgreen:

tward
04-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Best of luck! Hang in there. Tim

DLCTEX
04-04-2012, 10:32 AM
For most of my adult life I had recurring bouts of blood in my urine. Many thousands of dollars were spent trying to find the cause, to no avail. I figured out on my own that just two Ibuprofen would cause it two days later. I haven't had an episode in over ten years since quitting Ibuprofen for anything.

Le Loup Solitaire
04-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Best wishes for a speedy, thorough and successful recovery. LLS

Pepe Ray
04-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Hi ED;
Several ,here, have mentioned the Saw Palmetto suppliment as a preventive measure.
About 10 or 12 years ago I was in the care of a Board Certified Urologist, an MD who was also a retired military doc. He insisted that I start a regiman of Saw Palmetto suppliments. He would have prescribed it had it been necessary.
It doesn't cure an already enlarged prostate but insures healthy function in the future.

Will you be able to make the Biddeford Gun Show?
Pepe Ray

Phat Man Mike
04-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Man I'm sure glad you caught it so soon. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

felix
04-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Fistulas are no laughing matter. A fistula is nothing but a crossover pipe in our single exhaust pipe (GI tract) system, trying to make a bridge to another pipe (urethra, or vagina), or back to the GI tract hoping for another exit. Happens when the bowels are NOT happy, such as being creased, bumped up to tight against something else, including itself further down the path. Can also be chemical in nature, including ill DNA. In my particular case, two fistulas developed from the intestines to the belly button after an operation of the bowel system. Fistulas require an (another) operation to get rid of them. Chemicals (drugs) seldom fix the problem. If a fart is smelled for no apparent reason, a fistula is to be highly suspected. ... felix

**oneshot**
04-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Best wishes and a speedy recovery.

clodhopper
04-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Some times you just know it needs looked at.
My wife of 33 years is still going strong and a bit ornery 15 years after beating cancer.
Glad to hear your chances are good!