PDA

View Full Version : "Smendered" sole wheelweights today

dubber123
04-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Yep, "smendered" , brand new word to satisfy the "smelting" and "rendering" camps. I ran out of ingots a couple weeks ago, and finally got to make up some more. When I went to the shed to get out the propane tank, (which needed filling), I found my sister , during her last visit had been "helpful", and locked the shed padlock. That would have been nice if I could find the key. No problem, 168 grain Matchkings opened it up just fine. :Fire: It did take 2 rounds, (stupid Masterlock). I guess this is one of the benefits of country living. I bet shooting your locks off in the city is frowned upon. Anyhoo, 1/2 tank of propane, most of a big box O beer, and 4 hours later I have 300+ pounds of nice shiny ingots.:drinks:

Orygun
04-01-2007, 10:23 PM
Great story and I like the new term "smendered". :)

There's always a simple solution to a problem, eh? But maybe an extra key might be easier. ;)

cgrivois
04-02-2007, 04:46 AM
:Fire: Talk about the right tool for th right job.:Fire: :kidding:

Bigjohn
04-02-2007, 04:47 AM
Yep, "smendered" , brand new word to satisfy the "smelting" and "rendering" camps. Yes, I like it but can we get it into the dictionary? I ran out of ingots a couple weeks ago, and finally got to make up some more. When I went to the shed to get out the propane tank, (which needed filling), I found my sister , during her last visit had been "helpful", and locked the shed padlock. That would have been nice if I could find the key. No problem, 168 grain Matchkings opened it up just fine. Yep! two of them will fix just about anything :Fire: It did take 2 rounds, (stupid Masterlock)I thought they were bulletproof? At least thats what their ad's use to push as a selling point.. I guess this is one of the benefits of country living. I bet shooting your locks off in the city is frowned upon. Anyhoo, 1/2 tank of propane, most of a big box O beer, and 4 hours later I have 300+ pounds of nice shiny ingots.:drinks:

:drinks:
John

randyrat
04-02-2007, 07:02 AM
Yes i have "SMENDERED"- "SMENDERING" (Act of smelting while smashed) Well, i wasen't smashed just a few cold ones while melting WWs.

dubber123
04-02-2007, 07:26 AM
No, Masterlocks are definately not bullet proof. This is not the first time I have gained entrance to places in this manner. (I'm not very good at keeping track of keys). No, I wasn't smashed either, my friend showed up and helped me out of enough of my beers to keep that from happening! I burned up about 40 lbs. of my new ingots already, I better plan another "smendering" day.

TAWILDCATT
04-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Master locks usualy have a number on bottom of lock.thats the code to make a key.they can als be opened by hitting with hammer on top edge.I'v cleaned out a small town that way:Fire: however I am a certified locksmith.foly/bellsaw graduate.:coffee:

dubber123
04-02-2007, 04:37 PM
So far I rank 270 Win #1, 35 Rem. 200 gr. #2, and 30-30 w/Matchkings as #3 for lock opening abilities. I would have used the 416 Rigby, but it's probably cheaper to call a locksmith than fire that thing.

dk17hmr
04-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Being a Carpenter/construction grunt I have my tools with me most of the time, locked in the box in the back of my Truck. I have used my 28oz Estwing to open a few locks. Smack the top edge a few times and they pop right open. Hack saw works on the less expensive locks.

If the 28oz Framing Hammer dont work I also have a 8 pound sledge hammer.

Bullets work to though I guess.

dubber123
04-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Doug, my Estwing sat 10 ft. behind me in the car, and it never occurred to me to hit it with a hammer. I went right in the house and got the rifle. I'm sure a shrink would say that means something.....

Nickle
04-02-2007, 05:09 PM
The advantages of living in the sticks.

You know, next trip to Ripton, I'm going to have to take up an upper end Master and a Series 200 American lock, and check them out. Frankly, I prefer the American locks much more. Don't use Bolt Cutters on them, you'll break the jaws.