PDA

View Full Version : Got lucky yesterday. Won two guns

Down South
04-01-2012, 10:19 AM
I shoot Sporting Clays for a hobby and I was at the AADE shoot in Jennings La yesterday. I took two chances on two guns and one chance on another gun.
I won a Springfield XD 9mm and a 28ga semi auto shotgun. I wasn't present for the drawing because I didn't have to be. The drawing was going to be late in the afternoon and I had a 3 1/2 hour drive back to Houston.
A buddy called me late yesterday and told me of my luck. She can bring the shotgun back with her to Houston but I'll have the pistol shipped to my FFL.

I don't even know what brand or model the 28ga is. I just took a couple chances on it since all of the money goes to charity.

Late last year I won a Sig P238 W/laser sight.

3006guns
04-01-2012, 10:46 AM
.........and did you think to buy one of those Mega whatever lottery tickets this week?

(If you did and it's a winner, you just became my new best friend)

Congrats on the wins! Luck always smiles on those who deserve it.:mrgreen:

RayinNH
04-01-2012, 10:49 AM
You have very good luck sir. Did you take a lottery ticket?

We have a 50/50 drawing at our club monthly meeting. I've been a member since the early 90's and have never won. The odds should be very good since only about 40 or so members go to these meetings. One guy wins about every three months...Ray

lbaize3
04-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Two guns? Wow! That sounds like too much weight to drag back to Houston. You could drop one with me (2 and 3/4 miles off IH10) and have a much more comfortable trip.:kidding:

wv109323
04-01-2012, 10:57 PM
My Luck
About 20 years ago I won a 30 quart cooler at my company's summer picnic.

zac0419
04-01-2012, 11:05 PM
I hope your buddy doesn't call you back with an "April Fools!!"

That's how this story would end if it was me.

Topper
04-01-2012, 11:36 PM
Count your blessings and congrats ;-)

35isit
04-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Nice score. I too once had that kind of luck. I won a gun that had been given away. At a match if you signed up you were elegible. The name drawn had not shown up yet. They said if he showed up before the end of the match he would get the gun. Two days later he had not shown up so they redrew and I won. A few weeks later I won a $500.00 shopping spree at the gunshop of my choice. Then a few weeks after that I won a Mossberg shotgun in a raffle at a gunshow. I like the OP should have been buying lottry tickets.

GRUMPA
04-02-2012, 03:33 PM
WOW!!!! great for you...I wish I had your luck. I know it's my bad attitude but "IF" I ever won a gun in any sort of a contest, with my luck it would look like this.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/picture.php?albumid=459&pictureid=3072

Down South
04-04-2012, 11:53 AM
I've been out of pocket the past few days with out internet. anyway, i did tell my wife to purchase a couple lotto tickets. I guess I should have bought them myself.

The XD will be at my FFL today.

Down South
04-14-2012, 10:20 AM
Well, Got lucky again yesterday and won a full size Kimber Custom 45 with Rosewood grips W/ Crimson Trace laser and night sjghts.
I won it in Texas so I'll have it shipped to my FFL jn Louisiana.
I always though about buying one of these but I didn't want to pay the price.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/1911/crimson-carry-ii/custom-crimson-carry-ii

WILCO
04-14-2012, 10:24 AM
Two guns? Wow! That sounds like too much weight to drag back to Houston. You could drop one with me (2 and 3/4 miles off IH10) and have a much more comfortable trip.:kidding:

That was a good one! :bigsmyl2:

WILCO
04-14-2012, 10:25 AM
Nice score. I too once had that kind of luck.

Ditto for me. I haven't seen that kind of luck myself in many, many a moon.....

DLCTEX
04-14-2012, 03:28 PM
Down South, I need to shake your hand and see if some of your luck will rub off on me.

Jal5
04-14-2012, 03:30 PM
Good for you, hopefully some of that luck with rub off on the rest of us!

Down South
04-22-2012, 08:32 PM
I've been trying to find some info on the shotgun that I won. I found out that American Shooters sells the gun from info on another forum. Pasted below is my reply. The gun is "nice".

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=289968

I called American Shooters today. I got a little info on this gun. The one I have, they sell for $1,400. The gun is built partly in Italy and part in turkey. They said that everyone that had them were very pleased. But that's sales talk. I think that I will try it out with on a few rounds of Skeet next time that I get out to the club.