PDA

View Full Version : Death in the Family

robertbank
03-31-2012, 10:37 AM
It is with sadness and deepest regret I have to announce the death of my good friend Lee (Drippy) Pot at 3:00PM PDT March 30. 2012. Drippy died with his master at his side.

After an exciting life of 10 years Drippy passed away at the bench suffering from terminal burn out. Drippy died with a full belly hard at work serving his master. An internal autopsy revealed his heating element had parted in two places.

For the past five years Drippy served as a pre-melter hovering over his close friend PRO Melter faithfully pre-melting lead prior to casting. His feature of constantly dripping was a bonus not lost in the overall casting process. He will be missed yet, certainly to be replaced. What remains to be seen will be the decision to replace Drippy with a 10# Lee Pot or change the layout of my casting bench an install a 20# pot as a pre-melter.

Take Care

Bob

.30/30 Guy
03-31-2012, 11:01 AM
Could you cast fast enough with your PRO Melter to keep up with the drips from Drippy?

Rockchucker
03-31-2012, 11:17 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Drippy Pot, My sincere condolences.

Larry Gibson
03-31-2012, 11:34 AM
Sad to lose an old close friend like that, but he went out in style.....my condolences......

Larry Gibson

9.3X62AL
03-31-2012, 11:42 AM
Agreement with Larry--the Lee pot died with its boots on.

03-31-2012, 12:44 PM
Dispare not, Drippy can be resurrected. Mine met the same fate, but a new element (available from both Lee or Midway) breathed new life into it.

wallenba
03-31-2012, 12:52 PM
Donor parts? My he rest in pieces.

JoeG52
03-31-2012, 01:05 PM
Dispare not, Drippy can be resurrected. Mine met the same fate, but a new element (available from both Lee or Midway) breathed new life into it.

+1
Drippy isn't dead, he just needs a transplant!

Hickory
03-31-2012, 01:17 PM
Mine died several years ago in quite the same manner.
R.I.P......I miss her still.:grin:

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
03-31-2012, 02:52 PM
And here's a linky:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/280661/lee-production-pot-and-production-pot-four-heating-coil-110-volt-replacement-part

Don't let Drippy die, with a simple transplant, he'll go on for years more! And if I'm not mistaken, midway ships to Canada.

robertbank
03-31-2012, 04:02 PM
And here's a linky:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/280661/lee-production-pot-and-production-pot-four-heating-coil-110-volt-replacement-part

Don't let Drippy die, with a simple transplant, he'll go on for years more! And if I'm not mistaken, midway ships to Canada.

Alas Drippy didn't survive the autopsy and the recovery of his contents. He was buried appropriately. He may one day be discovered by a keen anthropologist who will no doubt date him appropriately and declare he discovered an early 20th century coffee maker, a liquid drug used by North American men to wake up in the morning.

Take Care

Bob

badbob454
03-31-2012, 05:18 PM
i have his twin, so a part of him loves on ...my condolences

Roundnoser
03-31-2012, 11:01 PM
Ashes to ashes...Dross to dross.

dbarnhart
03-31-2012, 11:25 PM
You are much kinder than I. I almost threw Sir Dripsalot across the road this morning.

robertbank
03-31-2012, 11:43 PM
You are much kinder than I. I almost threw Sir Dripsalot across the road this morning.

You have to bond with your friend. Try sleeping with the pot for a week.:idea:

Take Care

Bob

M-Tecs
03-31-2012, 11:53 PM

Nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![smilie=s:

Jammer Six
04-01-2012, 01:31 AM
Good lord, I've joined a group of maniacs...

Mooseman
04-01-2012, 01:41 AM
Alas Drippy didn't survive the autopsy and the recovery of his contents. He was buried appropriately. He may one day be discovered by a keen anthropologist who will no doubt date him appropriately and declare he discovered an early 20th century coffee maker, a liquid drug used by North American men to wake up in the morning.

Take Care

Bob

At least they will discover you drank "Leaded" coffee and not that wimpy Decaf stuff... LOL

303Guy
04-01-2012, 03:36 AM
My condolences. May he join my 'drippy' in that place in the sky where drippies go. Actually, I haven't buried my Drippy - I'm still dreaming of a resurrecting transplant. One day!

10mmShooter
04-01-2012, 08:53 AM
My condolences, now click on over to Midway and pick out a nice new shinny pot.

Wal'
04-01-2012, 09:14 AM

[smilie=s: [smilie=s: [smilie=s: [smilie=s: [smilie=s: [smilie=s: :redneck:

dbarnhart
04-01-2012, 04:38 PM
My condolences, now click on over to Midway and pick out a nice new shinny pot.

If you are so inclined, I think that CheaperThanDirt has the best price right now on the RCBS Pro-Melt:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/60807001-1.html

Add to that the $50 RCBS rebate:

http://www.rcbs.com/pdf/RC249_RebateCoupon.pdf

And it is very tempting. I'm **this** far away from ordering one myself.

robertbank
04-01-2012, 06:40 PM
If you are so inclined, I think that CheaperThanDirt has the best price right now on the RCBS Pro-Melt:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/60807001-1.html

Add to that the $50 RCBS rebate:

http://www.rcbs.com/pdf/RC249_RebateCoupon.pdf

And it is very tempting. I'm **this** far away from ordering one myself.

I have the Pro Melt. I am considering buying another 10# Pot as a preheater. I reversed Drippy and let him drip into my Pro Melter and when the latter got low I had 10# of pre-heated lead to pour into the Pro-Melter. I may do that with a 20# pot . I just have to make up my mind as to which one I want to get. Mid-way doesn't ship to Canada but Cheaper than Dirt Does. I just have to get buy the obligatory period of mourning out of respect for Drippy. You guys know how it is. After 10 years you kind of develop a bond and well.... I miss the little guy already...sigh

Take Care

Bob

dbarnhart
04-01-2012, 06:44 PM

If anything qualifies this thread to be a Sticky this is it.

robertbank
04-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Oh, sure. Nice cover story. Did not survive the autopsy. He's just old, and transplants are for the young and vigorous, not the old and sickly. Oh wait, that's in America under obama care. :p

Anyway, my condolences for your loss.

Canadian Health Care was going to cover it but Drippy died when a good Samaritan attempted to empty his pot. Four thumbs Bonenfant struck again.

Good news though Mr. Master and Mrs. Card are pleased to announce the pending birth of their new 20# Baby Drippy. Birth will likely occur within three weeks. USPS and Canada Post have been put on notice and with the assistance of Canada Border Services the pending arrival should not be delayed. We shall make a formal announcement in due course.

Take Care

Bob

Roosters
04-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Sorry to hear about Drippy. Seems like the older I get the younger my stuff dies. . .:violin:

waksupi
04-02-2012, 12:34 AM
I will be expecting a cigar after the happy event.

quasi
04-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Throw Drippy's carcass in the Skeena, let him swim free with the Salmon.

Jammer Six
04-04-2012, 05:32 PM
BORN FREE, AS FREE AS THE WIND BLOWS!

Oh.

Excuse me.

geargnasher
04-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Oh, sure. Nice cover story. Did not survive the autopsy. He's just old, and transplants are for the young and vigorous, not the old and sickly. Oh wait, that's in America under obama care. :p

Anyway, my condolences for your loss.

....or the VA health system.

Gear

SlippShodd
04-04-2012, 07:53 PM

Yeah.
And?

SlippShodd
04-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Quote:

If anything qualifies this thread to be a Sticky this is it.

No kidding. That was outstanding.

robertbank
04-22-2012, 09:43 AM
I am pleased to announce the birth of Nodrippy. With Mrs. Canada Post in attendance Nodrippy arrived at 12:30PM April 19th and now weighs approx. 21.5lb. BC Health Care refused to cover her birth expenses of $107.Cdn ($106.US) inc. postage of $36.00. BC Helath Care claimed it was a precondition as certain members of the family suffer from "Lead Fixation".

I installed her above her brother Greenpot and promptly fed her. She needed a minor operation to allow her liquids to flow directly into her older brother Greenpot. With her arrival I promptly produced 200 9MM boolits. Having 20lb of melted alloy always at hand along with my working supply of 20lbs certainly speeds the casting process.

Life has returned to normal although Drippy will be missed....sort of.

Take Care

Bob
ps waksupi mailed a Cuban cigar down to you but I just received notice from Homeland Security the US Government has import restrictions on Cuban Cabannas so it was smoked at the border.:-)

Bardo
04-22-2012, 10:49 AM
You have to bond with your friend. Try sleeping with the pot for a week.:idea:

Take Care

Bob

I don't care how hot this pot is don't sleep with her. You will turn her into a loose pot. And then you will have a hot loose pot with the nickname Drippy. :-P

Bardo

Roosters
04-23-2012, 02:49 PM
All this puts a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye. . . Not unlike the old Roy Rodgers Westerns.
Congratulations !! :guntootsmiley: