PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a scale suggestion?

dmftoy1
03-31-2007, 06:22 PM
I'd like to pick up a scale to weight my WW Ingots and Tin so I get my percentages right. I'm guessing I need something that weights items from say 8 ounces to 10lbs. Any suggestions? (oh yeah . .it's got to be relatively cheap. :) )

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Have a good one,
Dave

Char-Gar
03-31-2007, 06:34 PM
I use a postal scale for such work. You can buy them at office supply stores in various price ranges.

dmftoy1
03-31-2007, 06:40 PM
Thanks! Never occurred to me to look for one of those. I spent 1/2 an hour at the local home improvement store today and couldn't find ANYTHING. (other than a bathroom scale without the range I'm looking for)

Have a good one,
Dave

buck1
03-31-2007, 11:18 PM
A friend of mine uses a scale from a feed store for weighing rabbitts and chicken and such. It seems to work well for him.

Dale53
04-01-2007, 12:44 AM
I have TWO scales at my casting bench. One is a common kitchen scale. I use this to weigh the lead ingots (ingots vary in weight a good bit, so weighing is necessary to know how much you actually have).

Then, I have a second scale to weigh the tin. This is more accurate in lighter weights and is a simple postal scale (I think it weighs up to two lbs). It is quite accurate in ounces and that is just what I want when adding tin. I weigh a tin bar, then melt off the amount that I need by sticking it in the molten alloy. It is accurate and fast.

Dale53