PDA

View Full Version : Firearm Sales!!!

rbertalotto
03-26-2012, 08:55 PM
Industry News (from www.nssf.org)

RUGER BACKLOG LATEST EVIDENCE OF STRONG INDUSTRY SALES . . . Sturm, Ruger & Co. (NYSE:RGR) announced Wednesday that it received orders for more than one million units in the first quarter and that the company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders. The announcement sent Ruger shares up about 13 percent in trading Thursday, while shares of Smith & Wesson (NASDAQ:SWHC) rose about 11 percent. Read more from The Wall Street Journal's MarketWatch.

FOX NEWS: 'GUN SALES EXPLODE AS ELECTION LOOMS' . . . "Sales of handguns and ammunition are booming across the country, and retailers say it's all about the November election," begins a FoxNews.com report. The network talked to firearms retailers and others about the recent spike in firearm sales.

runfiverun
03-26-2012, 10:24 PM
seems odd that his election drove them going in and is driving them still.
i wonder what the problem could be??

wv109323
03-26-2012, 10:29 PM
Obama ain't much of a president but he is one solid gun salesman.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
03-26-2012, 10:41 PM
Ruger also has some great models out , the LCP, LC9, LCR, SR9C , SR40C that all fit into the growing concealed carry market , and most of which do a good job of filling a gap in what was previously available or raising the quality of what was available.

starmac
03-27-2012, 12:00 AM
I read a report the other day, the firearm companies stock has gone WAAAAY up since 2008, all of them were big jumps, but IIRC rugers was around 10 times what it was in 08.

Adam10mm
03-27-2012, 02:27 AM
AFAIK, Ruger and S&W are the only publicly traded firearms stocks in the US.

That being said, I'm more surprised that people buy either of them. Especially Ruger.

starmac
03-27-2012, 02:52 AM
AFAIK, Ruger and S&W are the only publicly traded firearms stocks in the US.

That being said, I'm more surprised that people buy either of them. Especially Ruger.

Short memories. lol

Adam10mm
03-27-2012, 03:43 AM
That's for sure. Such a shame. More evidence that empty gestures accomplish nothing and only serve to embarrass those that support their causes.

Many customers I dealt with will only buy used Ruger and S&W because they aren't directly supporting cowards.

I personally don't give a **** what a customer wants to transfer. I make the same amount of money no matter what the name is stamped on the side of it.