PDA

View Full Version : I could use a hand guys

Bret4207
03-30-2007, 06:42 PM
This is my humble plea to youse guys to stop by www.stopguncontrol.info and give us a hand. I'm driving myself nuts trying to figure out how to get the word out and get some response to our drive against HR1022. I figured I could contact Adminstrators and Moderators and they'd see the sense in this and I could expect them to drop by and pass the word. Well, I got exactly 1 response from an Administrator and he told me he didn't allow "politics" on his site. Wrong again.

So, I'm trying to watch 10-15 sites for response and trying to keep track of all the other stuff too. All I need is more guys to stop by and get the links to the site and pass them along to other sites. The amount of anti gun legislation pending in Congress is stagering. Plus there's a rumour Pres. Bush said he'd sign and "assault weapons bill". No verification on that, but it's worrisome. The current fight is over HR1022 which will effectively outlaw semi auto rifles and shotguns.

This is becoming my "Holy Grail" and I'm getting a bit manic about it. Anyone so inclined to give a hand- I would sure be thankful.

Scrounger
03-30-2007, 07:13 PM
This is my humble plea to youse guys to stop by www.stopguncontrol.info and give us a hand. I'm driving myself nuts trying to figure out how to get the word out and get some response to our drive against HR1022. I figured I could contact Adminstrators and Moderators and they'd see the sense in this and I could expect them to drop by and pass the word. Well, I got exactly 1 response from and Administrator and he told me he didn't allow "politics" on his site. Wrong again.

So, I'm trying to watch 10-15 sites for response and trying to keep track of all the other stuff too. All I need is more guys to stop by and get the links to the site and pass them along to other sites. The amount of anti gun legislation pending in Congress is stagering. Plus there's a rumour Pres. Bush said he'd sign and "assault weapons bill". No verification on that, but it's worrisome. The current fight is over HR1022 which will effectively outlaw semi auto rifles and shotguns.

This is becoming my "Holy Grail" and I'm getting a bit manic about it. Anyone so inclined to give a hand- I would sure be thankful.

Surely not~ ALL Republicans are Gods of unimpeachible virtue and unflagging love and duty to the law of the land... I'd sooner believe Hillary is an NRA member...

Scrounger
03-30-2007, 07:17 PM
This is my humble plea to youse guys to stop by www.stopguncontrol.info and give us a hand. I'm driving myself nuts trying to figure out how to get the word out and get some response to our drive against HR1022. I figured I could contact Adminstrators and Moderators and they'd see the sense in this and I could expect them to drop by and pass the word. Well, I got exactly 1 response from and Administrator and he told me he didn't allow "politics" on his site. Wrong again.

Surely not! I'm aghast! Everyone knows all Republicans are true Gods and unflinching in their devotion to the Constitution and their love for our country and all that it stands for... I'd sooner believe Hillary was an NRA member...

45nut
03-30-2007, 07:51 PM
bottom line is 90%+ of politicians feel compelled to force and create new laws to justify why they are in dc.
IMHO: the only law I would support from any of the rat finks would to put a limit on their days in session since the 102 billion laws we already have should be sufficient and only bills that would repeal un constitutional laws would be up for a vote.

Let them eat dust and suffer the same as the population also,,repeal the special retirement plans and medical plans and travel plans since the only ones in office are the million and billionaire's and they can pay their own way.
Oops...that was a rant...instead of a hip hip hooray for the topic at hand.

I am remiss in my help so far Bret, I aim to do better.

drinks
03-30-2007, 08:33 PM
45;
I would if I could, but I do not know how to make and post a link, have been told it was simple, and got instructions, but I suspect some small details were left out, as when I tried, it did not work.
I am on several forums, some pretty gung ho.
I would be happy to tell people about the site, BUT, I cannot make the site come up.
Is there some startup problem?
Among other groups I belong to is the JPFO, in the package they sent me was a drawing of Hitler giving the Nazi salute, with the caption, "If you believe in gun control, raise your right hand"
I am hoping to get some of the sites I post on to add the drawing and caption to the home page.
Not sure if JPFO would need to to give permission, but I am pretty sure that could be worked out.
I like your idea, just not sure how to help.

Bret4207
03-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Bush is evil. Run for the hills. Yawn.

I could use a hand Art.

TCLouis
03-30-2007, 10:15 PM
http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3411043/m/970104846

I am so glad I don't live in a bunch of the states due to their stupid idiotic gun laws.
I have always lived in a state where I was free, so could/would not NOT cotton to abunch of worthless restrictions of some of the political cesspool states.

NOTHING against the people of ANY of those states, I just feel sorry for them and the freedoms they do NOT have!

Steping down from soap box.

obssd1958
03-30-2007, 11:45 PM
Tpr. Bret,

Just tell me what you want me to do...

:drinks:

Don

Bret4207
03-31-2007, 08:16 AM
Drinks- are you saying the site won't come up?

Here's the content of the post at www.stopguncontrol.info We need you to link to it or post it, via cut and paste, at the other sites you visit. This law will outlaw such "assault weapons" as the Ruger 10/22, Remington 1100 and 742, Winchester SuperX2 and Marlin 60.

Instructions for cut and paste are found there and are linked. A place to find email addresses to your Politicians is provided too.

Here is a sample letter that can be used via the "cut and paste" method outlined here-

http://www.stopguncontrol.info/forum...hread.php?t=24

Follow the directions in that post. Once its pasted in the message box at the site you wish to contact you can change the wording to add your name and your Representatives name or any wording you choose to add or delete. It's only a suggested outline, feel free to change it.

Here's a link to find and contact your Representative-

http://www.capwiz.com/nra/dbq/officials/

To the Honorable

I am writing you to voice my opposition, in the strongest possible terms, to HR1022, the so called "Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007" as introduced by Rep. Carolyn McCarthy, D-NY. McCarthy entitled her bill the Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007, knowing these firearms aren't "assault weapons" and knowing the bill she is reintroducing does nothing to prevent violent crime since the guns in question have seldom been used in crime.

Truth be told, HR 1022 is the old "Assault Weapons Ban" ban on steroids. Fourteen more guns are listed by name than in the '94 ban, and only one "dangerous" feature, such as a pistol grip, is needed to make a "nice" gun into a "bad" gun. The old ban required two "dangerous" features, such as a pistol grip and a folding stock. This distinction effectively expands the scope of the bill to ban a far broader variety of firearms, many used for hunting, recreational shooting, target shooting and personal protection.

Since the U.S. Department of Justice has already documented that the previous "assault weapons" ban did absolutely nothing to stop violent crime, it is clear that HR 1022 is simply a direct attack on the 2nd Amendment rights of gun owners.

More than 10 years ago, the anti-gun lobby and their friends in the media began waging a campaign to frighten people and convince them that the so-called "assault weapons" are rapid fire machine guns when, in reality, they are merely semi-automatic firearms that look different than traditional hunting rifles.

This bill is designed to cripple the firearms industry while infringing on the rights of all gun owners. It is proof positive that the anti-gun members of Congress really don't care about stopping crime or saving lives, they just want to take our guns away.

As a law abiding, tax paying citizen of this State, I fail to see why punishing people like myself and my family with onerous regulations, retro-active laws, and unfair justice serves to promote public safety. This is nothing more than a thinly veiled attempt to outlaw firearms based on appearance and a few features deemed "dangerous" by Rep. McCarthy. It seems to me that common sense would say that we should enforce the multitude of gun laws already on the books with stiff sentences and give law enforcement the tools they need to bring those using arms illegally to justice. Criminals are the problem, not law abiding gun owners like myself.

I urge you to vote down this bill should it come before you. In these days of terrorist attacks, natural disasters resulting in a complete failure of Government and subsequent social unrest as seen in New Orleans and rampant illegal drug use and resultant crime against persons and property, it seems to me that taking away a persons last line of self defense is unwise at the least. I should hope it is not your intention to vote in favor of bills like HR1022 and leave your constituents defenseless in the face of these issues. Likewise, restricting a hunter, target shooter or recreational shooters choice based on appearance and a few features is unfair and ill advised.

I await your response and hope you share my concerns.

Respectfully

drinks
03-31-2007, 10:21 AM
I was unable to get past the first page, but I finally found where to sign up.
I am sure it is just me, but it was not obvious, to me.

montana_charlie
03-31-2007, 12:43 PM
Tpr. Bret,
Please consider this 'criticism' as 'constructive', and pass it on if you think it has merit.

I went to the site several days ago to look around. I voted in the little poll ('cause it was easy to do), but never found a place to hang my hat.

The two articles which appear (in part) on the homepage almost sound like pro-gun control pieces. Reading the remainders make it more clear that they are not...but first impressions, yada yada.

What I did not see was a 'button' labeled 'Fight Gun Control' which takes me to those 'action points' where I am supposed to copy links, send faxes, contact congressmen, and generally make Sara Brady lose her lunch.

Instead, the things I can get into without a personal guide consist of news feeds (never have used them)...a blog (one of billions)...a forum (bet I know what they say)...and little else.

I would be remiss to critisize without offering a solution.
I think they should have a page which identifies the (perhaps three) most pressing current issues, with buttons (or something) for each that allows the visitor to 'do stuff' that will help...or brings up instructions/suggestions for taking action outside of the site.

And, whatever is used to access this page should stand out clearly to the most casual visitor.

For your peace of mind on the Assault Weapons Ban reincarnation, I wrote to my Congressman weeks ago, and have already received his promise to fight it.
CM

Bret4207
03-31-2007, 01:27 PM
OK Charlie- see what you mean. The site wasn't designed with the general public responding in mind. The idea you put forth is something I'll need to talk to Willy about. The place you were looking for is under the Forum tittled- Call to Action.

Gunload Master
03-31-2007, 08:30 PM
That main site was a make shift site, It's still all screwed up in many ways I was just in a rush to get something up there so I did. Don't even look at the main site right now, it's crap. I will work out a layout in the next few days I have off. For right now I would just go here:
http://stopguncontrol.info/forum/