PDA

View Full Version : Asking for your help

Glen
03-25-2012, 01:38 PM
19 years ago Lenita was diagnosed with MS. As a result of intensive research in the field, we have learned a great deal about MS in the years since then, and several treatments have become available for those with MS. These treatments only slow the progression of the disease, they do not stop or cure it. Lenita is still able to walk today because of these treatments and a lot of hard work on her part. The 2012 Kennewick MS Walk is coming up on April 14 and both of us will be walking to raise money for MS research. Research is learning more and more about the disease, and how to attack it, every day. As a result, there are promising new treatments under development that could have a major impact on the quality of life of MS patients everywhere. I am writing you to ask you to consider making a donation to National MS Society to help us fund this research. Please help us make MS a thing of the past, one step at a time!

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Walk/WASWalkEvents?px=2097941&pg=personal&fr_id=17738

Thank you for your consideration,
Glen

runfiverun
03-25-2012, 02:51 PM
glen
could you post an address where a check could be mailed?

rexherring
03-25-2012, 03:13 PM
We do every year. My brother-in-Law has it too. Hope all goes well for you two.

geargnasher
03-25-2012, 03:24 PM
A girl I grew up with, and still is my next-door neighbor, has it. We donate every year ourselves. Her husband is a veteran, on his fifth tour in the middle east. If it weren't for the military benefits I don't know what she would have done, but the treatments are staving off the disease while she brings up their son (now eight years old). The funding of research has made these treatments possible, I hope they continue to evolve.

Gear

Glen
03-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Thank you all for your donations! You can mail a check (made out to "MS Society") to me at 8907 West Entiat Ave., Kennewick, WA, 99336.

Recluse
03-26-2012, 03:15 AM
Glen,

I donate to MS as well. My first admin miscarried and as a result, ended up hospitalized as the docs just felt "something was not right." Something wasn't--she was diagnosed with MS.

This explained a lot of the chronic pain she had begun experiencing along with a few other things. Long and short is, she was a young woman and this devastated her. She desired to continue working, although it was becoming more difficult.

I bought all ergonomic office equipment for her and brought in a custom chair maker in Dallas to fit her for a special chair to help alleviate some of the pain and physical challenges we were assured she would begin to face. Everything helped and she continued working for another four years until it simply became too much. Her MS was rather aggressive. . .

So it, like several other charities, are very near and dear to my heart. You and yours will be in my prayers and thoughts.

:coffee: