PDA

View Full Version : Cast Bullet Feeder

bulletbusiness
03-25-2012, 10:56 AM
I am looking to find a reliable cast bullet feeder capable of keeping up with a balisticast lubrizer. I size and lube more than a thousand an hour and have an M-A Systems collator that I have been using in the past but it really beats up the cast bullets, especially the softer muzzleloading bullets. Any ideas on how to soften the damage my M-A Systems collator is doing or possibly a new collator/feeder? Thx in advance for your help.

ku4hx
03-25-2012, 11:44 AM
I am looking to find a reliable cast bullet feeder capable of keeping up with a balisticast lubrizer. I size and lube more than a thousand an hour and have an M-A Systems collator that I have been using in the past but it really beats up the cast bullets, especially the softer muzzleloading bullets. Any ideas on how to soften the damage my M-A Systems collator is doing or possibly a new collator/feeder? Thx in advance for your help.

Call Ballisti-Cast and get their take on your need. There's a link with phone numbers at the top of this page.

ballisti-cast
03-26-2012, 11:03 AM
Right now the M-A Systems collator is about the best out there. We are working on designing a new one with a significantly smaller price tag as well as improved functionality. Hoping to have it done sometime late this summer.

MissouriBullet
03-26-2012, 05:31 PM
Right now the M-A Systems collator is about the best out there. We are working on designing a new one with a significantly smaller price tag as well as improved functionality. Hoping to have it done sometime late this summer.

I find the Howell CNC (subsidiary of Ammo Load) collator to be far superior to the M-A. I have five M-A's and 4 Howell's with another due in a day or two. Their capacity and robustness is unparalleled. And, because their mechanisms are pulley driven, they aren't subject to the weakness given by M-A's kludgy motor clutch system and are repairable with standard parts. Much better hardware, IMO, and I run my collators ten hours a day and know which ones work better for me.

Brad

ballisti-cast
03-26-2012, 07:11 PM
What's the price on the Howell and where can I find information on them? I'm somewhat familiar with their equipment, but had never paid attention to the collator before.

MissouriBullet
03-27-2012, 07:00 AM
What's the price on the Howell and where can I find information on them? I'm somewhat familiar with their equipment, but had never paid attention to the collator before.

With steel stand, just under 3 grand. The M-A collators cost a lot less until they burn out their clutches and motors and then suddenly, they cost more than the Howell's ($450.00 per motor/clutch assembly.)

I couldn't lubrisize .380 95 grain bullets or Makarov 93's grain bullets until I got a Howell. Good luck collating those bullets on an M-A :-)

Here's a photo -

http://www.ammoload.com/parts_and_accessories.htm

Brad