PDA

View Full Version : Johnson motor

44man
03-23-2012, 10:43 AM
Has anyone seen this thing? It is supposed to keep turning with no power to it due to the magnet arrangement and will generate electric for your house. It is supposed to be the only machine of it's kind to get three patents. There is a set of blueprints and instructions to build it for $47. It is said around $100 in parts can get you off the grid.
I am dubious and do not fall for stuff but it is interesting.
A neighbor spent $30,000 for solar panels that he will never recover but he gets tax breaks and a little back from the electric company. He will die before he pays it off. Us taxpayers are paying for a worthless solution to energy. He brags about tax deductions and the small amount paid to him from feeding the grid but he is still $30,000 in the hole.
Now, can a Johnson motor turn a generator?

scrapcan
03-23-2012, 11:30 AM
here is some additional reading for you

http://freeenergynews.com/Directory/Howard_Johnson_Motor/

Echo
03-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Ah, the old Perpetual Motion scam. How to self-generate enough energy to provide the energy to self-generate the energy to generate enough energy to . . .

scrapcan
03-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Echo,

I agree with you. the laws of physics are hard to beat.

starmac
03-23-2012, 11:47 AM
If it worked everyone would have one in two weeks time. lol

fishhawk
03-23-2012, 11:52 AM
And here I thought it was about a Johnson outboard!

44man
03-23-2012, 11:53 AM
here is some additional reading for you

http://freeenergynews.com/Directory/Howard_Johnson_Motor/
Great, sounds like a fun read.
I have a perpetual motion dog, eat and play! :bigsmyl2:

Beerd
03-23-2012, 11:54 AM

My first thought also.

Roger Ronas
03-23-2012, 12:06 PM
Never will you get something for nothing.

03-23-2012, 02:36 PM
"I have a perpetual motion dog, eat and play!"

Now, that is funny!

Olevern
03-23-2012, 02:47 PM
I work with a perpetual motion boy (A.D.H.D.)

Reload3006
03-23-2012, 02:52 PM
there is no such thing as a free lunch nor is there a perpetual motion machine it takes energy to produce energy. Wind mills if your in a windy area , Solar energy , geothermal energy and river currents are the only low cost sources that are feasible at this time to produce electricity at Free or low cost. but still even wind solar and river are not free.

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-23-2012, 03:02 PM

YEAH !!!!

oooooooh, it's NOT about a boat motor :(

Goatwhiskers
03-23-2012, 03:21 PM
I don't know about saving money, but guess who's making money off this thing. Goat

skeettx
03-23-2012, 03:28 PM
I use a 9.5 HP Johnson on the back of my square stern Osagain Freighter Canoe.
It works quite well

http://www.osagian.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=Osagian&Product_Code=CAN_MO&Category_Code=CANOES

Mike

scrapcan
03-23-2012, 03:35 PM
skeettx,

yep that is a motion machine. I would be it too uses more fuel than you would like also. good little engines. And if you did not have it you had better feed fuel to those running the oars!

44man
03-23-2012, 03:41 PM
I believe in coal, gas and oil.
The lord took a short time to create the earth but what is a day for him? All the plants and animals that went before us was to give us energy.
Now a question that has bothered me. We find stuff thousands of feet under ground. Just how large was the earth at the start?
I have a book with a picture of a perfect gold chain in a lump of coal from thousands of feet under the earth. What is that about? Other finds look like spark plugs.
Even today, we can not move the rock used to build stuff made thousands of years ago. How did they make the passages in the pyramids without light, there is no sign of carbon from torches in them?

Reload3006
03-23-2012, 03:47 PM
I believe in coal, gas and oil.
The lord took a short time to create the earth but what is a day for him? All the plants and animals that went before us was to give us energy.
Now a question that has bothered me. We find stuff thousands of feet under ground. Just how large was the earth at the start?
I have a book with a picture of a perfect gold chain in a lump of coal from thousands of feet under the earth. What is that about? Other finds look like spark plugs.
Even today, we can not move the rock used to build stuff made thousands of years ago. How did they make the passages in the pyramids without light, there is no sign of carbon from torches in them?

LOL the history channel says it Aliens LMAO

sundog
03-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Dilithium crystals are really the best energy source...

and I am NOT telling anyone where I get mine.

felix
03-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Oh! I know that your neighbor Scotty lives just right down the road.

The Johnson motor does work as advertised, but not nearly enough to rotate a generator big enough for the typical household. The motor rotates in unisome with the earth's magnetic pole vectors, and the patents were indeed purchased. Besides that, the "force" of the vectors have been known to vary by location and by time, and once a motor is made large enough to work OK it would have to be reoriented to get back into sync fully, which then would make the motor even more cost prohibitive for the home application. ... felix

MtGun44
03-23-2012, 05:53 PM
"Dubious" ???!!!

100% certain BS.

Bill

firefly1957
03-23-2012, 08:09 PM
NO NO dilithium only controls the reaction to keep you from being a very very hot spot for a short time.

I read some on those Johnson engines a while back they have no practical use. A out board would be better!

Lloyd Smale
03-24-2012, 06:12 AM
I guess i look at it like this. Many of the things we take for granted today would have been laughed at as science fiction when my grandpa was young.

Stephen Cohen
03-24-2012, 07:19 AM
It may some day be possable who knows, I was once told by an aerodynamics buff, that if we didnt know better, we would think a bumble bee could not fly as they defy the laws of aerodynamics. As 44man said strange things are found at great depth. just think back to how little we knew before we joined this site. I would still hang onto my $47 if I was you.

44man
03-24-2012, 08:22 AM
Felix said it well. It most likely can turn but would never be strong enough to do any work.
It takes a lot of power to turn just a car alternator. The more electric demanded from it, the harder it gets.
It would make a nice toy for the bench, just a tiny one waving an anti Obama flag! :mrgreen:

lead-1
03-25-2012, 12:50 AM
Perpetual Motion = a Slinky on an escalator.

44man
03-25-2012, 08:29 AM
Perpetual Motion = a Slinky on an escalator.
:drinks::mrgreen:
I love that one!

oldgeezershooter
03-25-2012, 04:51 PM
Here's the only Johnson I'm interested in.

starmac
03-25-2012, 06:50 PM
It is not real if there is not a comparable evinrude.

44man
03-26-2012, 08:11 AM
I have an Evinrude that folds up and goes in a plastic case. I wonder where I could find a value for it? It is 4 HP and was just broke in when I quit using it.
Been stored in the basement with Rislone in the cylinders for many, many years.
Seems to me I bought it in the 60's.
I have to take a picture.

blackthorn
03-26-2012, 11:03 AM
Oldgeezershooter---That is some blender motor---(almost could use it to drive a boat)! LOL.

thx997303
03-26-2012, 01:28 PM
I've had two 9.5 hp johnson outboards and a 35 hp Evinrude.

Too bad the 9.5s were too small for the boat and the 35 blew itself up.

3006guns
03-26-2012, 01:37 PM
I just had a sales pitch on this thing emailed to me by a friend because he knows I'm interested in alternative energy.

O.K....I know better, but I listened to it anyway. Fifteen minutes of my life gone that I can never get back again, listening to a typical Barnum and Bailey quickspeak presentation with:

No viable facts presented.
No video of the thing actually working.
Great promises of free energy/electricity.

However, if you send them $47.00 they'll send you "the book" with all the hidden, suppressed facts. You know, all the information that was quashed by "big oil" and "big energy".......

Yeah......right. The sad part is people actually fall for this hype and lose their hard earned money.

casterofboolits
03-26-2012, 02:50 PM
I just had a sales pitch on this thing emailed to me by a friend because he knows I'm interested in alternative energy.

O.K....I know better, but I listened to it anyway. Fifteen minutes of my life gone that I can never get back again, listening to a typical Barnum and Bailey quickspeak presentation with:

No viable facts presented.
No video of the thing actually working.
Great promises of free energy/electricity.

However, if you send them $47.00 they'll send you "the book" with all the hidden, suppressed facts. You know, all the information that was quashed by "big oil" and "big energy".......

Yeah......right. The sad part is people actually fall for this hype and lose their hard earned money.

+1 There ain't no such thing as a "free" lunch!!!

44man
03-26-2012, 03:19 PM
True and is why I posted. I have tried to get my drill press to work with out plugging it in. :roll:
What I would like is a magnet to slow the disk in the electric meter.

ErikO
03-26-2012, 04:43 PM
True and is why I posted. I have tried to get my drill press to work with out plugging it in. :roll:
What I would like is a magnet to slow the disk in the electric meter.

I'd settle for a 5v motor that would get it to turn backwards for a few hours a day. ;)

DLCTEX
03-26-2012, 06:00 PM
When I worked for the Electric company a rumor had it that if you stacked bricks around a meter it would slow the meter. You would not believe how many meters in a town of 2000 had bricks stacked around them. I moved many bricks to read the meters. Gas, electric, and water meters all got the treatment. An urban legend that took a long time to die.

theperfessor
03-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Here's my three laws of thermodynamics:

1. You can't win.
2. You can't break even.
3. You can't quit playing.

starmac
03-26-2012, 10:48 PM
When I worked for the Electric company a rumor had it that if you stacked bricks around a meter it would slow the meter. You would not believe how many meters in a town of 2000 had bricks stacked around them. I moved many bricks to read the meters. Gas, electric, and water meters all got the treatment. An urban legend that took a long time to die.

I showed a cousin of mine how to rig his meter to where it wouldn't register.
This was back when a hundred dollar bill was a big one.
They came to read his meter the next day and he was fined 1500, plus they estimated his bill for the month almost double what he usually paid. lol

I about died laughing at him griping at me. lol

44man
03-27-2012, 08:42 AM
We have two meters. One at the barn. There is only one 60 watt bulb running off it in the chicken house and almost nothing else is used, maybe a fan in the little greenhouse. Yet it costs a bundle every month. :-?

ErikO
03-27-2012, 12:00 PM
I remember once while still living closer to Chicago I got a letter from ComEd asking me to read their meeter on my condo. Like a fool I did. It seemed that in the three months that had passed since their meter reader visited I used a year's worth of power...

I never fell for that one again.

HangFireW8
03-27-2012, 12:30 PM
We have two meters. One at the barn. There is only one 60 watt bulb running off it in the chicken house and almost nothing else is used, maybe a fan in the little greenhouse. Yet it costs a bundle every month. :-?

Ground loop.

Cactus Farmer
03-27-2012, 12:33 PM

I'm Mercury man myself..........

starmac
03-27-2012, 02:23 PM
I thought the newest, latest and greatest johnson motor was ******. lol
WOW I didn't realize that was a bad word.

waksupi
03-27-2012, 03:46 PM
The Irish have a functioning Johnson's Motor Car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzrqRkC482s

44man
03-28-2012, 04:09 PM
Johnson and Evinrude were the same company.