PDA

View Full Version : Tifton Georgia

LabGuy
03-22-2012, 03:09 PM
Anyone around Tifton Georgia know where I could park a car fairly safely for Friday and Saturday night?

Thanks

runfiverun
03-22-2012, 10:39 PM
if you were coming here you could leave it unlocked with the keys in it....
but you ain't,, so i am not much help.

blackthorn
03-23-2012, 12:54 PM
It's possible that if you ask, the local police station might let you park it close under their watchful eye. My buddy does that when we go to the lake. He drives up from the lowermainland and I pick him up in Merritt.

HodakaGA
03-23-2012, 02:00 PM
Sort of off-topic but the police station in Tifton comment reminds me of a story. It's been about 20 years but I had to repossess a vehicle in Tifton and one in Thomasville in one trip. I easily found the one in Tifton and after a scene typical of the repo tv shows, took it over to the Police Department. We figured the former owner would follow us, he did, so we head over to the Tifton PD. We spoke to the Chief and he told us to just leave it in his lot until we could pick it back up.

We ended up not finding the Thomasville car and spent the night. Headed back to Tifton the next morning and retrieved the wonderful truck the kid wanted to fight for........it had 4 different size tires on it and they were all bald; he'd center-punched a phone pole with it so the bumper, hood, grill, etc. were serously bent up; the radiator was split and so on. We found several milk jugs and filled them up with water and headed home at 30 mph. I could make it about 6-10 miles, depending on hills, before she'd run hot. I'd pull over, refill her, and go on. We stopped at every little country store and refilled the jugs. What would normally be a 2 hour trip took closer to 6 hours.

The Tifton PD is alright in my book!

waksupi
03-23-2012, 02:36 PM
I have a friend that takes his firearms to a pawn shop when he is going to be away. That way he has secure storage, for a small fee. Don't know if you can pawn a vehicle, or not!

Beau Cassidy
03-23-2012, 08:05 PM
I am in Covington just East of Hotlanta on I-20. You are more than welcome to leave it here.

LabGuy
03-24-2012, 09:16 PM
Thanks, I took it to a friend’s house in Valdosta, a bit out of the way but safe.