PDA

View Full Version : Converting a Berthier from 3 to 5 shot.

Four Fingers of Death
03-29-2007, 07:46 AM
I am having trouble finding 3 shot clips, but have a few 5 shot clips. Is it just a matter of fitting the mag extension or do I have to cut into the wood, etc? I don't have the 3 shot rifle home yet, so I can't inspect it. Thanks, Mick.

PS, these French rifles must be some sort of strange perversion emerging, ugly, awkward, hard to get ammo, yarda, yarda, yarda.

TAWILDCATT
04-09-2007, 09:38 PM
you can use 5 shot clips I do in my 3 shot.the only other way is to get a 5 shot mag unit.
graf has 8 mm lebel $35 per 100 made in Serbia(PRIV PARTISIAN)or 348 win sized to 8mm:Fire: :coffee:

Four Fingers of Death
04-11-2007, 10:04 AM
I have cancelled the lay by on the Turk. I finally got around to cleaning the Bbl on the M16 Berthier and what I thought was a just about worn out barrel (didn't have my glasses with me when I bought it and we didn't know how to take the bolt out) turns out to be a pretty good barrel. I suddenly didn't need the second Berthier, so I switched the money over to a bayonet for the rifle. Now it's a full out attack to get the 5shot rifle going. I am getting a mould from Jim Allison at CBE. I must slug the barrel and get it going. Now all I have to figure out is how to completely strip the rifle and degrease the stock and action.