PDA

View Full Version : Lyman is slow to ship

dbarnhart
03-21-2012, 08:55 AM
I recently bought a Lyman 450 from a local caster. It needed a couple of parts so on the 13th I ordered them from the Lyman website. I received an email that they are just today (the 21st) shipping them.

BulletFactory
03-21-2012, 09:45 AM
I just ordered a new shaft for the trimmer yesterday, the only response, was that the order had been received, and that it should ship in 7 to 10 days.

ku4hx
03-21-2012, 09:49 AM
I recently bought a Lyman 450 from a local caster. It needed a couple of parts so on the 13th I ordered them from the Lyman website. I received an email that they are just today (the 21st) shipping them.

Some do better, but considering dang near all my purchases are done via the internet for all kinds of stuff eight days is about standard. Some give you notice, some ship very quickly ... it's a c-rap shoot.

Guesser
03-21-2012, 03:25 PM
I recently called to order some 450 repair parts and a front sight for a rifle. I had the Lyman item #'s and made the call about an hour before Lyman closed down for the day. The lady was gracious, polite and very helpful, had everything just the way I wanted it. She stated that I should receive the order in 7 to 10 working days. Fine with me. I watched for my account to be charged and when it was charged the order shipped the same day. I had my order, complete and correct, exactly on the 9th working day. I wish all suppliers were that responsive.

I have never ordered direct from a web site, I always order by phone. Works for me!!!!

doctorggg
03-21-2012, 04:51 PM
I returned a defective mold to them for repair. They received it on 02/16/2012. No emails or any remarks. Finally I called them after 3 weeks and they hadn't touched it. I did receive it the latter part of last week. Instead of replacing the mold they filed it and reset the pins. When I first received it and tried casting, it had fins in the center of the boolits from 1 side of the mold. Upon closer examination it rocked from top to bottom. I haven't cast with it yet but they sent 2 boolits they cast with it and the report said it was repaired. I am surprised they didn't just replace it.