PDA

View Full Version : Ol' Buffalo site issues

coloraydo
03-20-2012, 11:41 PM
Hey guys, having a problem accessing Ol' Buffalo Bullet Mold Table's site. It opens as usual, but after about a second, it changes to "WebRing Firearms" page. Are they still around, or ????
Thanks.

Rockydog
03-20-2012, 11:49 PM
coloraydo, I was having the same problem. I have it saved as a favorite and sometimes I was was double clicking on the favorite. The second click was loading the web ring. It was driving me crazy. Another member here tipped me off and it worked. RD

coloraydo
03-21-2012, 12:02 AM
huh, I must still be doing sumpin' wrong. Even trying to do a google search for it, still takes me to WebRing. I don't have it saved as a favorite, rather I have it as a shortcut on my desktop. Can you post their addy, maybe I can link from that.
Thanks.

Tom Myers
03-21-2012, 08:25 AM
Try this link, it seems to be slightly different from the old link that I had and seems to work better.

http://www.three-peaks.net/bullet_molds.htm

Hey guys, having a problem accessing Ol' Buffalo Bullet Mold Table's site. It opens as usual, but after about a second, it changes to "WebRing Firearms" page. Are they still around, or ????
Thanks.

blindeye
03-21-2012, 01:31 PM
I just tried that link and it did the same thing Coloraydo experienced.

coloraydo
03-21-2012, 01:33 PM
Try this link, it seems to be slightly different from the old link that I had and seems to work better.

Thanks, Tom. That got me going again. :drinks:

Tom Myers
03-21-2012, 03:00 PM
Try clearing the cookies in your web browser. I dunno whether it will work or not but it is worth a shot. Go to Tools ~ Internet Options ~ General ~ Browsing History to find where you can do that.

I just tried that link and it did the same thing Coloraydo experienced.

specops
04-16-2012, 12:28 AM
I sent an email to the webmaster. I backtraced the webring name and got a ip address and checked on who it belonged to and it comes up with an outfit out of Nepal, KMNEPAL.com . If you look at their website it looks like hacker haven. Since you get forwarded without the ability to return to the original page sounds like his ISP got hacked and that page is getting hijacked. Hope they get it straighten out as I use the page quite a bit.

tomme boy
04-16-2012, 01:19 AM
Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Try it again.

WILCO
04-16-2012, 04:41 AM

Link works real good on my end.

lead-1
04-16-2012, 06:34 AM
When it does that to me I close the page and click on it again and it works OK or I click on the refresh button on my address bar and it goes right to the Ol' Buffalo site.
As mentioned elsewhere here in the last couple days, LEE Precission does this to me sometimes also.

Tom Myers
04-16-2012, 08:22 AM
If you once get the site up to where you can see it, you can download the whole page to your computer and access it directly from your computer, without Internet access, at any time.

With an Internet Explorer browser, go to file ~ save as - and then download as type: "Web page, complete (*.html;*.htm)"

In Fire fox, go to file ~ Save Page as.. and then download as type: "All files".

With Google Chrome browser, go to Customize and Control Google Chrome ~ Save Page as: and then download as type: "Web Page Complete".

Using the Opera Browser, go to file ~ Save as.. and download as " Html file with images(*.html;*.htm).

Hope this helps.