PDA

View Full Version : Ken / 45nut

ilcop22
03-19-2012, 12:44 AM
Howdy,

I keep seeing benefit auctions for Ken / 45nut on that forum. I'm curious to know if he's alright, or is this a benefit for the site?

runfiverun
03-19-2012, 03:49 AM
you can do either and they are specified as to what they are for.
ken was in an accident at work and they threw him under the bus.
no medical,no income.
the benefit stuff for him is just that.
he won't ask for anything, but those of us that know him, know's that he NEEDS what help we can give him.

theperfessor
03-19-2012, 09:20 AM
Ken has made a home here for a lot of folks. Many people appreciate that and get their Kharma straight by helping him out as we can. It's the right thing to do.

41 mag fan
03-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Oh wow, I didn't know that till now...guess I'll be visiting that forum regularly now.

smoked turkey
03-19-2012, 07:43 PM
From my point of view real far down the ladder looking up with Ken at the top, he's one of us. We need to appreciate him for who he is and the vision he and the moderators have and all they do for this site.

Recluse
03-20-2012, 12:15 AM
Ken takes care of us. We take care of Ken.

:coffee:

Alvarez Kelly
03-20-2012, 09:42 PM
I didn't really know that either. Thanks for the info.

gbrown
03-20-2012, 10:05 PM
In my humble opinion, from what we get from this forum, we need to give in kind. If everyone contributes what they can, it will work. It's a great place to learn and help.

Lefty SRH
03-20-2012, 10:12 PM
Oh wow, I didn't know that till now...guess I'll be visiting that forum regularly now.

I didn't know either. I just figured the funds went to help support the sight....Hope he's getting along ok.

Lefty SRH
03-20-2012, 10:13 PM
How does one contribute?

gbrown
03-20-2012, 10:21 PM
Look at the "Donate" at the center of the tool bar at the top. Explains it all. Also, as I and others do, if there is a Ken Benefit and you have no interest in the item, you can always kick in an extra amount. Look at the Ken Benefit for the GB light by Wiljen, and look for my post. There are many ways to help.

runfiverun
03-20-2012, 10:56 PM
the sight is kept up and running through donations.
willy does an awesome job making it so we can surf here pretty quickly.
it wasn't alway's this way.
i remember loading a page to look at a subsection and going out to smoke while waiting for it when things got busy.
when we had about 5k members.

Recluse
03-22-2012, 02:59 AM
i remember loading a page to look at a subsection and going out to smoke while waiting for it when things got busy.

So what you're saying is that as the site gets faster, your health gets better and your tobacco bill goes down?

And some folks still say that casting boolits is bad for your health. . .

:coffee:

runfiverun
03-22-2012, 03:08 AM
yeah.
i think i smoked more when on the computer waiting for stuff than when outside working.
i do get some excersise from it though, as i have to walk the 40' to the garage.

Gunload Master
03-22-2012, 11:02 AM
the sight is kept up and running through donations.
willy does an awesome job making it so we can surf here pretty quickly.
it wasn't alway's this way.
when we had about 5k members.