PDA

View Full Version : Roosevelt Browning Hunt Club ???

ammohead
03-17-2012, 07:52 PM
I tried to access their web site and google says it can't be found. Does any one have any information on what happened to them. Have they closed up? I thought that this was an awesome concept and even joined. Would be a shame if they are no more.

KCSO
03-17-2012, 08:18 PM
Hey I'll have to check I was a member whaen I was hunting with my Model 8's.

Blacksmith
03-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Your Google is broken. here is a link I just Googled up:
http://www.rooseveltbrowninghunt.com/

There is a phone number and email on the JOIN page.

ammohead
03-18-2012, 02:24 AM
blacksmith, I clicked on your link and get "cannot find server". So I went to yahoo and tried searching there also and got the same ****. A bunch of sites with links to rooseveltbrowninghunt.com but no site by that name. Did you try going there with the link?

missionary5155
03-18-2012, 05:33 AM
Good morning
Just tried the link and got a screen with Mr. Browning & Pres. Roosevelts photo side by side and the Club Title.. Nothing else.
Mike in Peru

sav300
03-18-2012, 06:56 AM
Works here and thanks for the link.

firefly1957
03-18-2012, 10:44 AM
Political correctness at google it does come up using Lycos.com as search engine when ever you do a gun related search keep in mind some of the search engines are manned by liberals and try Lycos.com.

ammohead
03-18-2012, 02:32 PM
This is really getting under my skin. I went to lykos and entered roosevelt browning hunt club and all I got was other sites refering to the clubs site and no site.

ammohead
03-18-2012, 02:37 PM
I can go to safari club international, and boone and crocket. I wonder what gives here. Maybe their server is having issues.

lylejb
03-18-2012, 03:44 PM
the link in post 3 doesn't work for me. "cannot display page", but not dns error. This usually means the name / address is still valid, but cannot connect to it for any reason.

live search returned a bunch of other sites, but not theirs.

maybe their servers is down.

Blacksmith
03-19-2012, 03:40 AM
The link in my post works went there befor posting and just went there a minute ago.

Try Googling the following which is the first sentencs on their About Us page:

The Roosevelt Browning Hunting Club was organized to honor Theodore Roosevelt for his contributions to hunting, conservation, and sportsmanship; and ingenious gun maker John M. Browning for his one-of-a-kind contributions to the firearms industry.

Here is the contact information from the Join page:
Call us at (360) 825-6100 or email us at rbclub@rooseveltbrowninghunt.com to discuss membership in the RooseveltBrowning Hunt Club.

ammohead
03-19-2012, 11:13 PM
I recently replaced my pc and my son helped me set it up. I am using Firefox for a internet provider and he installed AVG virus protection for free off the net. When I loaded Blacksmiths quote google came up with the clubs site as the first choice but when I click on it I get a AVG Secure Search page that looks similar to Google and it tells me "Oops that page not found". I will look into getting another antivirus and get rid of AVG post haste! Any suggestions for economical antivirus that I can load off the net and still search?

Longwood
03-20-2012, 12:50 AM
I use what a computer wizard advised me to use if I insist on using Microsoft which he literally hates.
McAfee

He tells me that all free virus programs ARE a virus.
He also says, most of the Spyware and Adware programs people buy are also a virus.

ammohead
03-20-2012, 09:15 PM
I am absolutely FUMING! I uninstalled the AVG software that I got online and went to wally world and bought a copy of mcafee antivirus to replace it. Went through all the instructions and jumped through all the hoop. My computer will still not access the Roosevelt Browning Hunt Club. I tried google, lycos, bing and microsoft and all I get are other sites and error displays. I am boiling mad. How can this be. I can access pope and young, boone and crocket, safari club international why not R&B?