PDA

View Full Version : German Gun Range

gbrown
03-15-2012, 10:40 PM
Something a friend sent me a few months ago--thought it might be interesting. The following are comments from people who were there. Maybe old to some.

Hey y'all! We were just there! (Nathan and I) a couple weeks ago! in Ulm. Some rich guy- drug company owner, I think- decided to build it so he could have a place to shoot and his son runs it- Its not futuristic anymore! Its for REAL!

Hunting and shooting are for the very wealthy in Germany-

We were not allowed into the ranges- as it is exclusively for members- but some of us got to sneak a peak at the 25 meter range on our way to the bathrooms.

WOW! Someone had recently sent this video to me a couple months ago- and when I walked in the front door I felt like I had been there before (de ja vu?) when I saw the video being played on the back wall of the sportswear dept as you go into the shooting range and realized where I was. SO COOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyq90LEZe4k

ph4570
03-16-2012, 12:34 AM
Looks pretty much like my local sportsman's club :)

lbaize3
03-16-2012, 08:50 AM
Ok, it looks like I am going to have to become rich and learn to speak German.....

R.M.
03-16-2012, 11:11 AM
I shot a couple of World Cups at the range in Munich, that was used for the 72 Olympics. Yup, the Germans know how to put a facility together.

shooter93
03-16-2012, 06:24 PM
See what selling drugs can do for you....lol

44fanatic
03-16-2012, 06:38 PM
I liked the feedback, shotplacement, on the hogs.

G. Elser
03-16-2012, 08:49 PM
Hunting and shooting are for the very wealthy in Germany-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyq90LEZe4k

Hello,

Above youtube clip make believe you shooting is for the very wealthy in Germany.
This shooting range is not representative for a german shooting range. There are 1.5 million schooters in Germany ... from the entire social stratum.

More representive ...
http://www.youtube.com/user/snookergeorg

... and a very nice one, near Lake Constance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3hrWm8xVtQ&feature=related

jsizemore
03-16-2012, 08:52 PM
I wonder what virtual hog tastes like? Bet it might need some sauce. I did like the split tail at cafe'.

frkelly74
03-16-2012, 09:42 PM
farfegnugen

warpspeed
03-16-2012, 10:32 PM
I think shooting trap indoors, especially Oly Trap, would be fun.

gbrown
03-16-2012, 10:40 PM
G. Elser--I just want to explain--those are not my statements--from the person who originally posted this. The only ranges I was ever at in Germany were U.S. military ranges. I met a lot of Germans who were not rich and who shot.

Katya Mullethov
03-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Was that a CCW class @ 3:00 ?

wallenba
03-16-2012, 10:54 PM
I wonder what virtual hog tastes like? Bet it might need some sauce. I did like the split tail at cafe'.

Pork constipates me. (farfrompoopen)

Le Loup Solitaire
03-17-2012, 12:01 AM
In Germany anyone wanting to shoot has to belong to a gun club. It is not expensive to join or belong. If you just go into the woods and set up a target someone will call the "polizei" and they will come and take away your gun(s).So you join a local club. It is not for the rich only; many people from all economic levels are members.The club functions and competitions are highly organized according to rules that are standard throughout the country. Ranges/clubs are inspected for and conform to all safety standards. Non Germans can belong. Hunting is another matter; It is strictly regulated and supervised by "forstmeisters" (forestmasters) or as we would say...forest rangers. There are lots of rules and regs and they are enforced. You obey or you don't play. Many U.S. bases have rod and gun clubs for use by Us personnel including civilians. Memberships are not expensive. They are run pretty much the way clubs and ranges in the US run, but many have stores that discount big on guns, sporting equipment, primers, powder, loading equipment, etc. Many people belong to a US and German club so they can do more shooting due to more varied times that the ranges are open. LLS

PanaDP
03-17-2012, 12:09 AM
Was that a CCW class @ 3:00 ?

I think a reloading class. Notice the presses beside him on the table and the cartridge diagrams on the overhead.

Whiterabbit
03-17-2012, 12:12 AM
go to a real german shooting range. Talk to the locals about gun laws. We live in a far more blessed country when it comes to firearm ownership.

Firearms there are for rich men's sporting.

Norbrat
03-17-2012, 12:13 AM
I worked in Fulda for the first half of 2008. I just wandered up the the local shooting club in a light industrial area and was welcomed with open arms.

This club shot handguns and .22 rifles over 25 metres, and had a 10m air pistol/rifle range upstairs right next to the bar and dining room.

It was a bit strange to have a drink dispensing machine downstairs where you could have a beer for the same price as soft drink! [smilie=l:

I went there every Wednesday evening to shoot a borrowed GP100 and enjoyed every minute with the folks there. Great bunch of people.

Katya Mullethov
03-17-2012, 12:43 AM
I think a reloading class.

It's a requisite to buy powder , and you get a little card to put in your wallet .

http://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~pxk/about/images/mason-cert.jpg

Or so ahm tole .

G. Elser
03-17-2012, 04:52 PM
gbrown --- no problem, it was not against you.
:drinks:

morgans
03-17-2012, 08:08 PM
Thanks for posting that, outstanding:drinks:

Now I'm going to think about that everytime I go to the gravel pits:violin: