PDA

View Full Version : New Orleenz Cuisine

walltube
03-26-2007, 11:25 AM
Given the short or unavialable supply of ingredients so important to New Orleenz famous restaurants in the days following Katrina, the ever rescourceful Oriental Restranteur solved that niggling inconvenience right quick:

http://jflores.com/jokes/chowmein.htm

KCSO
03-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Having eaten mountain lion I will have to admit that if you can get past the idea the MEAT ain't bad.

versifier
03-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Thanks walltube, I haven't laughed so hard in I don't know how long. :holysheep [smilie=p:
Fortunately, I finished my tea before I clicked on the link or I'd have spit it all over the monitor.

StrawHat
03-26-2007, 02:25 PM
A chinese joint near us got busted by ODNR for taking geese from the parking lot!

As I recall they said that the goose was not for customers just the crew.

Scrounger
03-26-2007, 02:39 PM
http://www.guzer.com/animations/chowmein.php

walltube
03-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Versifier,

My pleasure, Sir!

Scrounger,

You know these guys too? Next time you're there try the newest poultry item on menu. Sum Yung Chick.

Y.T.,

Wt.

Scrounger
03-26-2007, 06:17 PM
Versifier,

My pleasure, Sir!

Scrounger,

You know these guys too? Next time you're there try the newest poultry item on menu. Sum Yung Chick.

Y.T.,

Wt.

I always order that but they throw me out....

Four Fingers of Death
03-26-2007, 09:34 PM
We have a lot of trouble with feral cats destroying a lot of wildlife in Australia and a few years ago we had a slightly teched farm overseer working on a prison farm. he was taking a few politicans and a lot of head office bosses on a tour of the establishment in the bus when a feral cat was flushed from the side of the road. One of the hairy lezzo greenies from head office went on about the cat destroying birds, etc (which they do) and the overseer dismissed her complaints, saying 'I've introduced the natural enemy of the feral cat, the Asian inmate.' There were more than a few snickers from teh passengers in the bus.

walltube
03-26-2007, 10:10 PM
that's too bad them tossing you out for a simple menu request. Maybe you'll have better luck with Sue-zee Sho Do.

I once asked if they serve crabs. "Yes indeed we do sir" answered the cheerful, attractive young server gal. "We even serve ogling old men with stale corn-ball humor too".

Wt.

Four Fingers of Death
03-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Sprung! I like a girl with a bit of go in her!

Slowpoke
03-26-2007, 10:52 PM
In my other life I used to trap a lot of bobcats, I ran into a Chinaman named Joe Lee up in the hills one day, he had a pack of Lion dogs and was exercising them, I had a couple cats in the back of the truck and he asked me what I was going to do with carcasses, I told him I generally feed the eagles with them, he gave me his phone number and asked me to call him when I had some more because he would sure like to have them to feed his dogs, for about two years after that during the winter he would drive the 40 miles from Tucson out to my place twice a week and pick up the carcasses. I never could get my mind right to decide if he was in fact feeding them to his dogs or eating them himself. He would always bring me a case of soda or beer and give me a full report of what the last batch weighed. He was a good man and the Cattleman's assoc. kept him pretty busy killing Lions. I doubt if I will ever meet another Chinese Hound dog man in my life. I did meet a Chinaman at a sheep dog trial that was a good Handler his name was Francis Chi .

Good luck

DLCTEX
03-26-2007, 11:09 PM
I black friend always had me bring the coons I got to him for barbeque. He would skin them out and save the fur for me. He always invited me to come back the next day to eat coon, but some how I never could get back. I always heard that Lewis and Clark preferred mountain lion above all other game, and had a fondness for dog. Dale

C1PNR
03-27-2007, 12:30 AM
I certainly understand the preference of Lewis & Clark for Mountain Lion. It is so good! Sweet and, certain parts, tender, other parts can be a bit chewy.[smilie=1:

I haven't had any for quite a while, but any chance I get, I like it!:drinks: