PDA

View Full Version : Double-Barrel 1911

lts70
03-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Part of me wants one...the other part of me wants to laugh. I would definaly take one if it was free:razz:

http://gizmodo.com/5892448/double-barrel-handgun-means-you-only-have-to-be-half-as-accurate

Hamish
03-13-2012, 10:11 AM
What, they could'nt figure out how to make it fire with *one* trigger?

MBTcustom
03-13-2012, 10:15 AM
I'd be happy as a puppy dog with two......

cf_coder
03-13-2012, 10:16 AM
One trigger, two bullets = NFA item. A co-worker showed me this yesterday... I just chuckled. Another toy designed to make someone part with their $$$. I would rather just have two .45s instead.

Cherokee
03-13-2012, 10:24 AM
I guess its for real - two triggers, two hammers, two sets of mechanics ? Seems like a lot of potential for problems. Nice concept, I'ed like to try one.

Harter66
03-13-2012, 10:39 AM
I know my luck ,rt an lt won't share brass, the skinny chamber would have a fat bbl,I'd get the lt leading fixed at the place where the rt started leading.

Loved the part where says something like"that's 4000gr down range from 16rn in 1 magazine a 9mm would take 30 rd and 2 magazine changes. Now that's performance".

Echo
03-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Flamin' Hilarious...

shooterg
03-13-2012, 12:22 PM
So we took a "lefty" 1911 and stuck it to a "righty". Weird.

bbqncigars
03-13-2012, 10:24 PM
Proof of the saying "just because you can, doesn't mean you should".

DrB
03-13-2012, 10:30 PM
In aerospace engineering we have the saying "bad ideas come back every five years, REALLY BAD ideas every fifteen."

Wonder how many times this one has been around? :)

Best regards,
DrB

JKH
03-13-2012, 10:44 PM
What happens if you only fire one side? I would have to presume that it would eject a live shell frkm the unfired chamber, maybe that's an ammo saving feature so you can keep pulling one trigger and catch the live rounds to reload the empty mag with ;)

Anyone know what this THING (I would be hesitant to call it a pistol!) retails for?

Jeff

Sonnypie
03-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Does anybody know where to get left handed 45 ACP ammo? :roll:

Yeah baby! Now you can miss twice as much!

Every pimp on main street is gonna want one. Does it come in chrome? [smilie=1:

Did anybody but me notice the impact gloves Hans had on? :roll:

BulletFactory
03-14-2012, 12:16 AM
What, they could'nt figure out how to make it fire with *one* trigger?

If they did that, it would have been a machine gun under the NFA

MikeD7
03-14-2012, 12:24 AM
I bet that thing would kick like a horse!

That sight cant be accurate either...

ilcop22
03-14-2012, 12:54 AM
The only thing better than this would be three 1911's sandwiched together.

303Guy
03-14-2012, 01:02 AM
It's totally crazy but one thing's for sure, you don't wonna get hit by two slugs at the same time. Not just twice the impact or wounding or whatever, you're gonna be twice as dead! Not even a normally fatal shot required. Multiple simultaneous hits does that for some reason - so they say (I have seen what appears to support the notion). That's what makes shotguns so effective with large pellets (considering the apparent non-lethal appearance of the individual hits).

I'll bet it'll be as accurate as hell for some inexplicable reason, not just the guns potential put it's point-ability too (just to defy logic). I want one!

Come to think of it, a double rifle that fires both barrels simultaneously would be a fantastic DRT rifle with minimal meat loss ..... mmmm.

MikeS
03-14-2012, 02:53 AM
Well, according to their website you can get it either with a single trigger, or 2 triggers, but (from what I make of it) either way it shoots 2 shells each time it's fired. And yes, that would probably make it a no-no by NFA rules, but that doesn't mean it can't be made, only that it can't be sold here other than as an NFA firearm, unless they manage to get an exemption. Of course just because something is illegal in the USA doesn't mean it's illegal everywhere!

I still think it's a silly thing.

archmaker
03-14-2012, 07:51 AM
So would it be legal for IDPA? The requirements to hit the target twice, just became a lot easier. :) (j/k).

Fun to say you shot it, but wouldn't own one.

Ecramer
03-14-2012, 10:27 AM
I wrote this on another forum on the same topic, but I think it bears repeating. Jeff Cooper said the double action automatic was an ingenious solution to a non-existent problem. I don't think he'd spend much more eloquence on this. It's cool to look at, but so are the bearded lady and the dog-faced boy.

mpmarty
03-14-2012, 11:58 AM
Fugly has found its root.

fatelk
03-14-2012, 02:44 PM
Gunmaker Invents "Chilling" New Handgun: http://now.msn.com/now/0312-double-barreled-handgun.aspx

Quick! We need to ban it! For the children! Chilling...so much more deadly than a regular gun.:veryconfu It's just a matter of time before every gangbanger and drug dealer has on. It's not like they just use whatever they can get their hands on, you know.

When I see stuff like this, all I can think is that it's for the younger crowd who have played too many video games and have money to burn (no disrespect intended if you are young and play video games).:) Purely a novelty with no practical value whatsoever, but I bet they sell a bunch to guys who have to have the latest and greatest. I wouldn't trade my Grandfather's Government Model for two of them, but that's just me.

JKH
03-14-2012, 02:45 PM
Hey 303 Guy!

I don't have time at the moment to search it out BUT, in one of my older Gun Digests there is a bolt action double rifle that has both bolts working together via a gear system, it has a traditional bolt handle on one side that lifts normally like a right hand bolt and when lifted the left side bolt rotates counter to the right to unlock, both bolts retract t the rear normally and eject together, all functions are simultaneous. I believe it was basically a Mauser action, the rifle was heavilly engraved and embellished and had best wood for stock, extremely expensive for uber rich middle east oil sheiks and such, we would probably have to give up a pay check just to breathe air in the same room as the rifle! ;)

JKH
03-14-2012, 02:52 PM
Amen fatelk! I like a stock 5" 1911a1 with no dang bling on it! I do diverge from the gospel on occasion and carry a stainless Para Ord P10-45 with NO frills, its is stock and NOT pimped up like the newer Warthogs, simple and robust just Like God inspired JMB to make the best handgun ever :)

Speaking of Master Browning, can you imagine what his thoughts would be concerning this thing? BLECHHH! is probably a fair assumption!

mdi
03-14-2012, 02:56 PM
I want one! As far as finding a need for a double 1911, mebbe, mebbe not. I surely don't need a 7 1/2" bbl. .44 Magnum loaded with 300 grain bullets, but it sure is fun (all the T-Rexes are gone from Oregon). I think two triggers might work like a double trigger shotgun; choose your barrel, right, left, or both...

casterofboolits
03-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Fugly has found its root.

Squared!!!!!! :groner::groner:

beagle
03-14-2012, 08:45 PM
I can see that as a big selling item among the dope dealers and action TV shows. When I see these guys shooting sideways, it cracks me up./beagle

JKH
03-14-2012, 10:01 PM
This is a yotube video of the double barrel/Siamese action bolt rifle, it appears to be a .375 H&H and has doube triggers like a side by side scattergun, this rifle actually makes good sense for hunting dangerous game, or http://youtu.be/l0s21VAJdCM hunting large tamer beasts where dangerous critters like grizzlys, etc. May be lurking, I would love one in. 22 centerfire for ultimate woodchuck hunting ;)

http://youtu.be/l0s21VAJdCM

Link to the makers site;

http://www.szecseidoubleboltrepeater.ca/home.html

shotstring
03-15-2012, 05:12 AM
As tempting as this is, I'm going to hold out for the 4 barrel model.

MBTcustom
03-18-2012, 09:51 PM
So I need to get a license? If I'm going to go through all that trouble, I might as well get two!
I wonder if they make a left handed version.....wait......oh yeah.

btroj
03-18-2012, 10:09 PM
I am holding out for the side by side revolver. Maybe Counter rotating cylinders? I want one for CCW?
Wait, maybe a side by side Judge! Fire 45 Colt in one and a 410 in the other!

Katya Mullethov
03-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Leaving the area of potential NFA and enter something more likely cover by the SALT agreement . http://blog.robballen.com/images/Windows-Live-Writer/A-breakthrough-in-powerful-concealed-car_1133E/image_thumb_1.png

"Ziss eesa real game changer " Vladimir Putin

AZ-JIM
03-20-2012, 11:09 PM
This is a yotube video of the double barrel/Siamese action bolt rifle, it appears to be a .375 H&H and has doube triggers like a side by side scattergun, this rifle actually makes good sense for hunting dangerous game, or http://youtu.be/l0s21VAJdCM hunting large tamer beasts where dangerous critters like grizzlys, etc. May be lurking, I would love one in. 22 centerfire for ultimate woodchuck hunting ;)

http://youtu.be/l0s21VAJdCM

Link to the makers site;

http://www.szecseidoubleboltrepeater.ca/home.html

Double 375H&H....no thanks, 600g of lead and 120-150g of powder. Not as bad as a 50BMG I guess. Certainly not cheap to shoot. To each his own

az-jim

btroj
03-21-2012, 09:26 AM
That double barreled bolt action 375 is awesome. Firing one round at a time yet feeding two per pull of the bolt. Amazing.

JKH
03-21-2012, 09:30 AM
Az-Jim,

Fotunately the inventor of the double barrel bolt rifle had the foresight to design the trigger mechanism to fire one barrel at a time, this is a VERY good idea for his biggest rifle that shoots a whopping .700 caliber!!! Its like a scaled up. 600 Nitro Express, probably could shoot through TWO elephants at a time or one tractor trailer, your choice ;)

bruce drake
03-21-2012, 09:39 AM
That Double Bolt Rifle in the Youtube clip is beautiful. I might be able to convince my wife the $70K is worth it...I would probably chamber it in 30-06 though...might cut down a little on the bulkiness around the magazine area.

Bruce

prs
03-21-2012, 09:47 AM
I heard the French designed a double barreled pistol. One barrel aims foreward and the other backward.

prs