PDA

View Full Version : "pink slime"

hiram1
03-12-2012, 06:11 PM
"pink slime" What a thing to feed are kids in school.

Love Life
03-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Looked like potted meat.

This sho' am good!

Big brass ones
03-12-2012, 06:32 PM
soy-lent pink?

MtGun44
03-13-2012, 01:30 AM
The food crazies are making a lot of BS out of this. Apparently it is trimmings ground fine and
much of the fat spun out to make it leaner, then an antibacterial ingredient added to ensure
that it doesn't make anybody sick. Then this finely ground lean meat is mixed back into
coarser ground meat in small quantities. If they threw it away or made into pet food, the
meat would cost more, and there is always price competition.

Sorry, but I have do a good bit of butchering over the years and this doesn't bother me
in the least. Actually, the old saying about you shouldn't watch sausage being made is
right on.

Calling it "slime" is just the British food loons making up a nasty name for something so
they can run it down. So if you call regular grind beef, 'pink meat waste paste' would that
be less appetizing? My bet is these folks are vegatarians trying to upset meat eaters
because they think they have the magic answer.

Everybody has an axe to grind and a whole lot of them are liars and propagandists.

Bill

Lloyd Smale
03-13-2012, 05:22 AM
heck theyve feed the hotdogs for years and everyone knows whats in them!

10x
03-13-2012, 08:19 AM
heck theyve feed the hotdogs for years and everyone knows whats in them!

Read the "May include" label on the hotdog package, One of the "may includes" is meat....

stubshaft
03-13-2012, 08:55 AM
Mystery meat and byproducts.

jcwit
03-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Ask the average person if they would eat muskrat, then ask the same person if they would eat marsh rabbit in a fancy resturant.

How many here have eaten groundhog? Its good.

bandit7.5
03-13-2012, 12:12 PM
What is wrong with muskrat? You can't get anymore organic than that.

ErikO
03-13-2012, 01:50 PM
I slowed down my Spam consumption when I found out that Hormel was having trouble with their employees in the Brain Room getting cancer due to stepped-up production. It seemed that the machine that pulped the brain and washed it out of the skull was making the grey matter go airborne and the workers were breathing it in and getting tumors. One more joy of pigs and humans having simular cell structures.

I still eat spam, I just figure if I bought it less then there'd be at elast a slightly smaller call for it's production. Does anyone else still remember when Spam was $.50 a can? I'd have to sneak it into the house because my dad had an aversion to it from being on K-rats in the army while stationed in West Germany in the late 40's, early 50's.

Trigiceride levels are also causing me to eat less factory-processed food. I need to get a good meat grinder so we can get bulk beef to turn into ground when we buy the 1/2 steer in May.

Lee
03-13-2012, 08:51 PM
Facts to back this up?? Or just another Internet ???
I wa going to post more but awwww fuggit it....
PETA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!:kidding:

morgans
03-13-2012, 10:57 PM
I put up a restorations website to bring people together and save history, and fight for our freedoms, and rebuild america, since doing so change dot org has sent me lots of things to sign via email, I fell for it and signed the petition, big mistake, some things are worth fighting for on there site, but here is kicker you can just register on there site and fill out a form for your cause and change .org booms everyone with emails.:veryconfu and I got tons of emails over this Pink slime, what ever your cause they will email it all over the planet, I'm Anti Obama, and now cause of that site I'm getting tons of emails from obama campain, from what I figure you sign up for a good cause, once they have your email there is no end to it. Hope that helps.:popcorn: Great site by the way ( this one)