PDA

View Full Version : This is just for some sunshine.

Harter66
03-11-2012, 11:02 PM
My goodness ,

Everywhere is doom,doom,doom,black helo's,every step tracked,and jack boots on everydoor step.

So did you do any good,positive,happy,feel goodness over the weekend?

Today I inventoried loaded ammo I'm ahead of schedule and have several packages more primers than I've ever had stocked. Then I dumped out 2 half gallon jars and sorted all of the empties left in PARABELLUM/Luger and tossed the Win's in the tumbler and drilled,sized and decapped 50 burden 39mm 30 cal cases (intentional). The Para was done by then so I switched dies and sized 4 gross or so of them then belled ,so those are all ready to go now. The other gross of x39mms went in the tumbler while I was working the Paras. Last for the day I finished drilling the the clean shiney x39s .

It was a great day,and I've almost all of the prep out of the way for another great-gross of loading.

For the whipper snappers out there a gross is 12 dozen and it great when it 12 gross,1728 for those counting.

x101airborne
03-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Yes, I did. Geargnasher and the Mrs. came down and visited us and we had the greatest time. I mean THE GREATEST TIME!!!! I got to kill a squirrel with my 20 ga flintlock. It was raining lightly and later I shot at a skunk. Well, shot it on the 12th time I pulled the trigger! Gear made the best pot of Squirrel and dumplins, my wife made a pot of charro beans to die for. A couple mixed drinks and good friends and great food.

Spending time with friends and family is priceless. Nothing better and nothing more important.

Doc_Stihl
03-12-2012, 09:38 AM
I spent another 10 hours rearranging and cleaning the reloading room. ALMOST DONE. More shelves, a new bench, inventory and sort the cleaning supplies. (Must have found 30 different cleaning rod sections between all the random kits and boxes)

Spring cleaning is good for the soul.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
03-12-2012, 10:28 AM
i made it to the range Sunday beautiful day and unloaded some brass , Saturday i played chef , i run the kitchen for our cub scout spaghetti dinner , we served more plates than ever before this is our 3rd year i will be making another 4 gallons of sauce for next years dinner taking my total to 24 gallons of sauce , our final numbers will come at the wrap up meeting tomorrow but i think 255 served. the proceeds send boys to summer camp where in addition to crafts, games , and scout skills , they get archery and bb gun range time.

1Shirt
03-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Good on ya Pete! Great cause!
1Shirt!:coffee:

03-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Saturday, a friend bought his first long gun. He reloads for a couple handgun calibers, and I'm really looking forward to helping him get equiped for, and then teaching him how to reload, for the rifle. He knew, in advance, that he'll have as many "Fattest .30" boolits as he wants. (Seems the guy who keeps him supplied with Lee 359-158 RF's may have mentioned it in one of his weaker moments.)

Harter66
03-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Friday I just hung out had lunch w/the oldest boy,rebuilt a gummed up carburator on his truck,had lunch w/his Mrs and the grand daughter. Not that it matters but when did Dodge switch from Carter to Rochester ? Then I went up to the ol'mans place and washed the winter lacquer out of his quad. Then caught up w/a friend for dinner wound up going to the "Big City",Reno, for dinner,an new pair of Irish Setter hot weather hunting boots. Bought Honey a new phone for our 6yr 1st date anniversary,she dropped hers in the boiling pot of tea,and was still home before midnight.

ErikO
03-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Saturday I spend $20 at the range (made noise and some empty .223 Remington brass, good times!) and also picked up an AR-15/M-16 armorer's tool at a local gun shop for less than I'd paid to have it shipped in.

Got a good start on the 2012 Spring Clean-up. Should have the new-to-us formica table up and the table I like better in my reloading area this week and will start drywalling the basement in two weeks.

Otherwise, spent quality time with my family. Can't go wrong there. :)

dragonrider
03-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Yup, I took the snowblower of my tractor and but the backhoe back on.

winelover
03-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Yup, I took the snowblower of my tractor and but the backhoe back on.

Gave my snowblower away to my neighbor, yesterday. It was sunny and 66 degrees in Detroit, but windy. Cleaned up the yard, in preparation for the trip down to Arkansas later this week. Plan on being in the new house, down there, before next winter.

Winelover

Jim Flinchbaugh
03-12-2012, 01:52 PM
We had a military shoot at our range yesterday.
I won 3 rounds out of 5 -fun day!

Echo
03-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Ashamed of myself. Just goofed around the house all day, with beautiful weather outside. Finally took my GF to dinner, then back to her place to watch HER favorite TV show - 'Army Wives' - almost frew up. Some snuggling then back home. Could have been worse...

Harter66
03-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Man Echo I feel ya there ,watched it w/Honey for a while ,just couldn't keep it down after my son went to Iraqistan.

sundog
03-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Yeppers, military bolt shoot on Saturday. Great Spring day in Green Country, Oklahoma, cultural center of the universe. Came in second, edged out by a single point. Feller what beat me was prolly shootin' them fancy condum match bullets, too. I was shootin' the RCBS 30-180-SP with FWFL over 21.0/4227 in a 03A3. Came up with a 290/300 and Xs. Not bad in the wind and after laying off for a couple months. Saturday me and Mrs Sundog went to local watering hole for a couple beers and a few games of pool. Yesterday it rained, and I cast A LOT of Lee TL452-230-TC. Sunshine is getting piped in all over! Even when it was raining.

Love Life
03-12-2012, 03:45 PM
My daughter grabbed me Saturday and wanted to read me a story. What ensued was the best 20 minutes of joy I can remember having. Ever. She couldn't read the words, but the way she pointed out all the animals and said what they were was enough for me.

The little things in life are always the greatest.

Jal5
03-12-2012, 03:53 PM
Went to our club on Saturday, and was the only person there for several fun hours of shooting, did some chores at the club, and "harvested" a full plastic coffee can of spent bullets. A nice spring day!

Harter66
03-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Life glad you came back or decided to stay anyway.

Yes the kids do make it all worth while.

TCoggins
03-12-2012, 08:41 PM
My wife and I went to our gun range to complete the shooting portion of our concealed pistol class. We both passed, but my wife, who has shot very little, did very well.

On the way home, she was asking me what type of gun she should get to carry. This may not seem like a big deal, but not that long ago, she was asking me why I wanted my CPL, and why would I want to carry a gun, and now, she wants a gun to carry.

canyon-ghost
03-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Worked in a little vacation time, shot the 41 magnum on friday. Knocked down two turkeys at 75 meters. I went back out this evening, just got back. I was nailing rams at 100 meters with the 41 magnum Blackhawk.

Yes, it feels really good!

GREENCOUNTYPETE
03-13-2012, 10:45 AM
My wife and I went to our gun range to complete the shooting portion of our concealed pistol class. We both passed, but my wife, who has shot very little, did very well.

On the way home, she was asking me what type of gun she should get to carry. This may not seem like a big deal, but not that long ago, she was asking me why I wanted my CPL, and why would I want to carry a gun, and now, she wants a gun to carry.

very good to hear , we need more ladies carrying

take her to the store and let her hold them all , and see what will work best

ErikO
03-13-2012, 02:27 PM
very good to hear , we need more ladies carrying

take her to the store and let her hold them all , and see what will work best

+1

Just hope your wife doesn't take the same shine to Les Baer and Ed Brown that mine did...

429421Cowboy
03-15-2012, 02:57 PM
Now that you mention it, the last week has been pretty darn good... Spring break started last Friday. Saturday night i had my signifigant lady friend of a year and a half out to help me tag some calves then after dark went to that loading room to crank out some .44 shells. Had 400 Mag's sized primed and belled already and 100 Specials too, she sat next to me as i went through the remaining motions and explained them to her, she hunts everything and anything with me but had never had a chance to watch me load so i was supprised she took quite the interest in it. I got 200 Mag's loaded on my single stage and all the Specials done while having the most pleasant conversation about everything from horses, elk hunting to wedding plans. I know reloading relaxes me and lets me focus on a certain task, but that was so refreshing to have a few hours to talk quietly and show her the ropes. I guess every now and then it takes something different to make a guy step back and see how lucky he is.
Have a great spring guys!