PDA

View Full Version : Western Canadians attn.

MT Chambers
03-10-2012, 05:35 PM
It looks like we can finally get out there and test out boolits, rifles, etc.. this is the first day that it is warm enough out to test all the theories, in fact gophers should be out soon. At least in my little piece of Saskatchewan, oh and don't forget the gunshow in Saskatoon next weekend......

ku4hx
03-10-2012, 06:25 PM
I just can't imagine. Wife is from Michigan and I still just can't imagine. 64F here right now and it's looking to be in the high 70s and 80s all next week.

The idea of not being able to do what I want to pretty much all year is just alien to me. Of course I can't ever play in the snow so life in the sunny South does have its drawbacks.

kodiak1
03-10-2012, 07:57 PM
She is suppose to hit 70 or better in Medicine Hat and Lethbridge this weekend.
Seven hours North of the 49th she is in the 40's.
You get use to it. I would rather dodge a snow flake than a hurricane! Just my choice.

Ken.

MT Chambers
03-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Anytime previous to this, if you tried to shoot outside, your hands get cold and numb, and you can't shoot your best, just wasting ammo, recoil is hard on your hands when they are cold.

Slam'n Salmon
03-10-2012, 08:15 PM
I just can't imagine. Wife is from Michigan and I still just can't imagine. 64F here right now and it's looking to be in the high 70s and 80s all next week.

The idea of not being able to do what I want to pretty much all year is just alien to me. Of course I can't ever play in the snow so life in the sunny South does have its drawbacks.

I like the cold cause it keeps the population down. When I go south in seems SO crowded. Overpopulated.

sisiphunter
03-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Ya you get used to shootin in the cold. I will go out on all but the coldest days. Heck if your going to live. Work. Hunt in this area you better learn how to shoot in the cold..... -25 is usually my limit though.

Also definitly lookin forward to the gun show next weekend.

Cleaned the gutters and did some smelting today....casting tomorrow!!!!

Guesser
03-10-2012, 09:50 PM
We hit 67 today but too much wind to go shooting here in Northern Montana.

ku4hx
03-11-2012, 06:38 AM
She is suppose to hit 70 or better in Medicine Hat and Lethbridge this weekend.
Seven hours North of the 49th she is in the 40's.
You get use to it. I would rather dodge a snow flake than a hurricane! Just my choice.

Ken.

Well, that's what so great about the USA.....choices. But through 66 years in Georgia, I've never had to dodge either a hurricane or a tornado. Even so, I'd still opt for a full year of doing everything I like. A few years back, I stopped riding my bike in the rain and it never even occurred to me anybody had to "put up" a bike for the Winter.

But I got to tell you, in 2000 I spent a week in Canada hunting Caribou and that was some of the most beautiful country I'd ever seen. Peanut fields in South Georgia just seem to look like the desert after being there.

frkelly74
03-11-2012, 08:14 AM
I like the cold cause it keeps the population down. When I go south in seems SO crowded. Overpopulated.

Well from my wifes perspective as an OB nurse, the cold increases the population count. But there is a delay that moves the bump down a few months.

nanuk
03-11-2012, 08:41 AM
I live up here, cause that is what I know, and where my jobs are

but when I retire, I plan on being a snowbird.

too bad Canadians cannot have any firearms freedoms down in the US.
I would be comfortable with CCW and shooting/hunting all winter long

jethunter
03-12-2012, 04:44 PM
I lived in a few warm and hot places overseas. Didn't like it that much. I'll probably stay in AB until they bury me here but a couple months a year in Arizona or someplace like that might be OK too.

Saw some gophers yesterday. Been seeing geese for a week. Warm here and lots of run-off happening. Need to get out shooting. Made some bullets a few days ago and it worked fine once the mould got up to temp, in fact you can fly when the temp is low and the moulds don't overheat so easy. Not as much fun when your toes are freezing though.