PDA

View Full Version : What board for my "?" ?

Jim
03-20-2007, 05:18 PM
Sometimes I don't know where on the forum to take a question, so I come to this one. I KNOW I'll get an answer here.
Are 209 shotgun primers more powerful that large magnum rifle primers? I'm thinking if they are, I'll modify some .45 Colt cases for my glue boolits research.:roll: The idea is to put all the kick I can behind a glue boolit without having to pepper with Unique.

Thanks,
Jim

dk17hmr
03-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Jim the 5 cases I made up to use 209 primers had alot more power then the Magnum Rifle primers I am using.

I gave those 5 to my buddy with a fist full of 20gr Glue Bullets (GB). He said he shot a wheel barrow and dented it pretty good from 30 paces. Shootin them in my 1911 the problem was loading em with out the primer falling out on me.

The on test I did was shooting a sheet of 1/2" drywall, punch a very nice .45 hole in it, I havent tried with Magnum primers yet though.

I am goin to go make some cases with 209s in them.

I will let you know how I come out.

But I did kill a possum with Magnum Rifle Primers.

Scrounger
03-20-2007, 06:24 PM
Just checking out the glue sticks at WalMart, they have the .44 cal standard sticks and also a mini-size; .28" (7 mm) if you guys want to shoot them in your Baby Nambu's.....

dragonrider
03-20-2007, 09:13 PM
I use them in an altered 223 case to shoot 22 cal. pellets in my basement. It's fun every now and then.

Glen
03-20-2007, 11:34 PM
Dragonrider -- You do that too? I don't do it in my basement (I don't have a basement), but I made a reamer and modifed a handful of .223 cases and every so often take out the .223 Contender and some .22 caliber pellets and let fly. I keep meaning to chronograph the pellets and see what they are doing.

Jim
03-21-2007, 05:54 AM
So, can anybody verify that 209 shotgun primers have a higher brisance factor that large magnum rifle primers?

Jim

Buckshot
03-22-2007, 01:41 AM
...............Jim, for me I have no idea. But dk17hmr responded with:

"Jim the 5 cases I made up to use 209 primers had alot more power then the Magnum Rifle primers I am using."

BTW, if you have a question and don't know where to put it, put it on the forum where you think it will see the most traffic. No big deal if it doesn't really belong. The main thing is that your question gets answered.

...............Buckshot

Jim
03-22-2007, 05:27 AM
Buckshot,
Sorry, Bud. I'm accustomed to getting flamed for posting questions in the wrong place. I guess it's gonna take some gettin' used to here at CB.

Jim