PDA

View Full Version : Daytona 500 today!

Trey45
02-26-2012, 10:21 AM
Daytona 500 fans! Who is your driver, or team? Any predictions you'd like to share about todays race? My number one driver is Matt Kenseth, but I pull for a bunch more. Tony Stewart, Kevin Harvivk, Jeff Burton, Ryan Newman, Bobby Labonte, Jimmie Johnson, Mark Martin, Dale Earnhardt Jr., and Carl Edwards.

boltons75
02-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Would like to see Jr. Get the win, but Stewart also. And would like to see Danika finish a race at this track this weekend.

Always carry, never tell.

slim1836
02-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Mark Martin, the man has class, never a negative word towards other drivers, races clean, which means he does not win much.

Given his sponsor, the bill on his cap should be longer and pointer up more.

Slim

Charlie Two Tracks
02-26-2012, 10:45 AM
Kevin Harvick. Spring is just around the corner! It would be a riot to see Danika win.

Trey45
02-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Wouldn't that be something if Danika wins it. Stanger things have happened!

Westwindmike
02-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Like the finish to the Nationwide race yesterday!

Rafe Covington
02-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Tony Steweert first I hope, Danica last I hope.

Rafe:lol:

runfiverun
02-26-2012, 02:59 PM
if it ever quits raining there they might race.
i think mark is owed one from the track.
after the finishes he's had and the way he's been beat up on the last lap there over the years.
you just never know what's gonna happen when they start pushing and banging.
you go from tryin to winning in the last 50'.

looseprojectile
02-26-2012, 04:45 PM
Danica can't win.
Too much lost manhood if she would.
I love women. My manhood is solid.

Life is good

boltons75
02-26-2012, 06:16 PM
Well, we will find out at noon tomorrow, rain delay.

LUCKYDAWG13
02-26-2012, 06:20 PM
would like to see JR win & danica in top 10

Longwood
02-26-2012, 06:28 PM
Stock car racing has gotten to be about as boring as womens golf.

John 242
02-26-2012, 06:50 PM
I used to be big into NASCAR during the 90s, but I find that I have a hard time relating to the drivers nowadays. Guys like Ricky Rudd, Rusty Wallace, Darrel Waltrip, Dale Jarrett and of course, Dale Earnhardt were guys I respected, even if they weren't my personal favorites.

Now... I see these young guys with tremendous talent... yet, they seem so... spoiled?

Then NASCAR seems to think that they need be 'main stream' in order to draw fans... I'm not a big fan of that, either.

The wife and I were all set to watch the race, but I guess we'll have to watch it tomorrow.
My wife is a Mark Martin fan. Myself, I have admired Jeff Gordon for his driving skills for many years. Jimmie Johnson is a exceptional driver and seems to have a level head on his shoulders. Tony Stewart is also a great driver and has mellowed out over the years.

condorjohn
02-26-2012, 08:28 PM
I formed an on line fantasy group and so far it's only my brother and me. I've been in another group for the last few years but that group did not happen this year. It's fun, easy and free.
You get to pick new teems every week. It's a great way to follow the sport.

I guess this is a feeler for some new blood.

If you're interested, PM me and I'll send you an invite...

Condorjohn

starmac
02-26-2012, 08:38 PM
I can't even tell you who the drivers are anymore. When it gets above the small local tracks, with regular Joe Shmoes driving,I lose interest quick. I do love going to the local dirt track though.

Jim Flinchbaugh
02-26-2012, 09:08 PM
Watching most of speed week, I think we might be in for something different this year.
I hope so. It has gotten rather boring the last 10 years or so.
I too miss the days of the gentleman racers. Seems like a bunch of arrogant brats anymore.
I have to say there is a lot f talent in that crowd, but guys like Bush, who could be a great driver, has great skill, but is just a king sized prick. Those guys are ruining it for me.

Charlie Two Tracks
02-26-2012, 09:38 PM
You might not like Kyle but he is one heck of a driver. I like seeing that a guy in a car that has been in more than one wreck can still win a race using his talent. I think that this year, more wins will rely on the driver and not the equipment.

boltons75
02-27-2012, 06:11 AM
You might not like Kyle but he is one heck of a driver. I like seeing that a guy in a car that has been in more than one wreck can still win a race using his talent. I think that this year, more wins will rely on the driver and not the equipment.

Yes, Kyle can drive, but just when you think he's growing up, the cockiness returns. But yes, he has to be one of the most talented drivers nascar currently has.

Lloyd Smale
02-27-2012, 06:45 AM
junior, mark martin, tony steward, and brad kesoloski would be my favorites. Dont miss a race!

stubshaft
02-27-2012, 06:54 AM
I'd like to see Tony Stewart win it and Danica in the top 5.

Tom-ADC
02-27-2012, 02:05 PM
Now under the lights at 7 PM EST. I'd like to see Mark Martin win it, long time fan.

Longwood
02-27-2012, 02:18 PM
I always root for Mark Martin because he is the old guy.
For a while, it took some explaining about my ****** 'T' shirt to a couple of my female friends.

I sure do miss the racing back in the 60's and 70's. It was so much more of a race and was so much more exciting rather than the disappointment of seeing millions and millions of dollars in race cars getting destroyed every race.

To me, driving that fast in a gaggle like they do now is next to insane.
Watching millions of dollars in fun toys being destroyed is down right disgusting.
I will go to destruction derbies if all I want to see is piles of scrap metal being produced..

Longwood
02-27-2012, 02:28 PM
:confused:

Odd but Funny in a silly sort of way.

I had no idea that the name of the bo ner pill is a dirty word here.

boltons75
02-27-2012, 11:59 PM
Way to go Montoya, Fire Fire Fire....

Tom-ADC
02-28-2012, 12:12 AM
Come on you can't blame Monty something mechanical broke..
But just when you think we've seen everything on a racetrack here's a new one.

boltons75
02-28-2012, 02:58 AM
Come on you can't blame Monty something mechanical broke..
But just when you think we've seen everything on a racetrack here's a new one.

I actually just missed that fire, I had to leave for work and heard it on the radio less than two minutes after I left. Good thing the dvr was set.

Max Brand
02-28-2012, 03:28 AM
To the OP's credit, he picked the winner! I always root for Kevin Harvick or anyone else on the Richard Childress team and the wife is a Kasey Kahne fan.:redneck:

We try to make at least one race every year, Talladega fall race this year if all goes according to plan.

runfiverun
02-28-2012, 02:15 PM
i'll be going to the vegas race this year.
i was going to try for the phoenix race, but it wouldn't work with everybody's schedule.
as a bonus we can get to vegas a bit earlier and catch the W.O.O. race on thursday.

longhorn
02-28-2012, 08:48 PM
Why don't NASCAR races run in the rain? What's gonna melt--fans, cars, or drivers? I watch about one roundy-round race every 10 years, and last night's was a good one to watch. Still wondering what happened with Montoya's car-suspension?

snuffy
02-28-2012, 09:00 PM
So who won?

I watch a NASCAR race until the first crash, then turn to something more interesting.

Watching a bunch of cars go round in circles is about like watching grass grow.

midnight
02-28-2012, 10:00 PM
Matt Kenseth won. He's my guy since his hometown of Cambridge, WI is only a few miles from me. He raced the short tracks around here when he was younger. Nice to see a local boy do well.

Bob

PS - They don't run in the rain cuz of Money. The extra tire expense + all the wrecks to repair just costs too much. Nascar has been making a big effort to lower costs for sponsors & owners.