PDA

View Full Version : Bad Water Bill

Jim
02-26-2012, 07:01 AM
I think Bill has dropped out. His last post was 05 JAN and his last visit was 18 FEB.

stubshaft
02-26-2012, 02:38 PM
He could be taking a rest from here. Sometimes you get in a slump and like anything else need to step back and recharge your batteries.

DLCTEX
02-26-2012, 02:44 PM
I took an almost 6 month break last year just due to pressures of business and life, then decided life was just too busy and came back to what I enjoy.

Recluse
02-26-2012, 03:25 PM
I talked to him several weeks ago via PM.

He's got his back up (and at his age, he's earned that right) over a disagreement he had with a moderator over the use of comic-book symbols (ie $%#@#) in lieu of a forbidden word.

I read the exchange and have my own opinion, however it's really none of my business and my opinion on the matter is worth less than the little electronic letters appearing in my post. :)

Grown men can work out their differences on their own in grown, gentlemanly ways.

However, I did see it as a casualty of a recent influx of new members who come in with attitudes and language that cause our moderators to work overtime.

Sometimes the baby DOES get thrown out with the bathwater.

I miss him, but it's his issue to discuss with Ken & Staff to resolve. He was not booted nor threatened to be booted, just felt like he was demeaned a little bit.

I once found myself in his position a few years ago with a moderator here, got an infraction or whatever it's called, protested politely, stewed for a little bit until I shut down the computer and walked outside and remembered there is a big, glorious world out there, thought no more of it and went about my way.

I enjoy Cast Boolits, immensely, but I refuse to let it--or any other aspect of the internet/computer world--dictate or overly influence how I go about viewing, experiencing and feeling about life in general.

At the end of the day, I'm the one who decides if the computer gets turned on or off--not the other way around. :) We're tending to forget that more and more in this electronic instant gratification age of social media.

:coffee:

starmac
02-26-2012, 03:48 PM
Glad to hear it is not health problems, Thanks for the info Recluse.

1Shirt
02-26-2012, 08:52 PM
When it comes to forums and reality, this one relating to casting and all things associated with it is the primo forum. Sometimes it is best to bite the blt, and just press on!
1Shirt!:coffee:

ErikO
02-27-2012, 09:54 AM
While he and I have been on polar ends of several discussions, I always do enjoy his responces. Glad to hear that he's just taking a break and did not break himself or something more serious and permanent.

Lee
02-27-2012, 10:20 PM
Not the first time a Mod has copped a little Caesar complex on someone over something. Not saying that is what happened here, just that I've seen some little big mod knee jerk reactions of late.....
I guess we have to learn to be @#$%^&*+)(*&^%$#@ politically correct nowadays.
....but that's just me, and I'm used to getting PP smaks [smilie=l: