PDA

View Full Version : Hurrah for rcbs

BOOM BOOM
02-26-2012, 02:38 AM
HI,
Have had a RCBS lubamatic for some time. RCBS MAKES GOOD TOOLS.
I have sized & lubed many 1,000's boolits with it.
A yr. or 2 ago the ratchet handle gave out, made do for a yr. w/ a 1/4" box end wrench, then bought a 1/4" socket & small ratchet at sears.

Well about a week ago the lube plunger started to allow the lube to leak past as it was cranked down. Tried new rubber gaskets but it still leaked lube.
So sent it to RCBS & requested it be fixed.

Yesterday ,in less than a week, I open a box from RCBS .......
TO FIND A BRAN NEW LUBEAMATIC 2 AT NO CHARGE.

RCBS IS A GREAT COMPANY THAT MAKES GOOD TOOLS & THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS UNPARALLELED:Fire::Fire::bigsmyl2:!

Charlie Two Tracks
02-26-2012, 10:50 AM
I have one of their scales that is giving me problems. Maybe I should contact them.

Dale53
02-26-2012, 11:10 AM
I have an RCBS digital scale that I have had for ten years or so that has been a real asset. Last year, the cell died. I called RCBS and they told me to contact Pact (who made the scale). I packed up the scale along with a check for $30-$35 and in a couple of weeks it came back, all better. It was not free service, but most electronic devices do NOT have an unlimited warranty (neither RCBS nor Dillon, nor anybody). I have certainly gotten my money out of my scale - no complaints at all.

RCBS and Dillon help to keep my faith alive...

FWIW
Dale53

cdet69
02-26-2012, 12:01 PM
RCBS stuff may be more money but their customer service is the best. That is why most of my reloading gear is from them. You do not even have to call them, just email them and they send out the part within a week. Can't be beat.

Hardcast416taylor
02-26-2012, 12:27 PM
Of the 2 lubra sizers RCBS has made and still makes, I prefer the original lubra sizer over the lubra sizer 2 they now make. Seems to be what they do now for repair on a tool they sell, send you back the newer cheaply made model now being sold. This is just the way I`m seeing it.Robert

GREENCOUNTYPETE
02-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Of the 2 lubra sizers RCBS has made and still makes, I prefer the original lubra sizer over the lubra sizer 2 they now make. Seems to be what they do now for repair on a tool they sell, send you back the newer cheaply made model now being sold. This is just the way I`m seeing it.Robert

it sure beats nothing at all , my employer is a manufacturer , we have a few product lines all U.S. made and supported product , we support our product forever but not warrantied for ever , our late founder promised that we would never just stop supporting a product.

we give our customers notice if we are going to stop manufacturing something , and we do eventually run out of parts.

i am sure rcbs is the same if they stopped making a product years ago then they stopped making most or all parts also , eventually they run out of parts and replacing it with a new model sure beats nothing.

foxtrotter
02-27-2012, 06:55 PM
I have 5-10 scale that had a problem, called RCBS and they sent a return form to the mfr. It was returned repaired. All I was out was one way postage,

Wayne Smith
02-28-2012, 12:56 PM
I have one of their scales that is giving me problems. Maybe I should contact them.

Absolutely. I bought a 1010 off eBay a couple of years ago. It did not return quickly nor was it consistent. I sent it to RCBS with a full explanation of my experience with it, including buying it off eBay, requesting repair. A couple weeks later I got a box with a brand new 1010 in it!

GLL
02-28-2012, 01:39 PM
I also bought a used 1010 scale that was missing a couple parts. When I called the nice lady at RCBS to buy the needed parts she sent them and refused to take payment !

I love my old A2 presses ! :) :)

Jerry