PDA

View Full Version : Town Has a Traffic Problem

Blacksmith
02-23-2012, 11:30 AM
What would you recommend to solve this towns traffic grid lock?
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=794wEIbHlDc&vq=large

melter68
02-23-2012, 11:54 AM
OH DEAR,

Carry more guns and ammo or re route

missionary5155
02-23-2012, 01:15 PM
Greetings
Do not ask the city planners of Arequipa, Peru for advice.
Mike in Peru

Dschuttig
02-23-2012, 03:15 PM
IIRC arequipa was a bit of a traffic nightmare. I love those little vans that ride around with some kid hanging out of the side shouting destinations. Still, a beautiful area though..

beagle
02-23-2012, 04:40 PM
I think my Number 1 in .375 H & H with a cast HP would handle the job nicely followed by a BIG barbeque.

How do towns let them get themselves in that mess. Normal hunting pressure would drive them back out of town but the liberals just have to mess with things and hug bunnies./beagle

stubshaft
02-23-2012, 05:27 PM
.22 behind the ear, problem over.

starmac
02-23-2012, 06:05 PM
just about like packwood washington. lol

GREENCOUNTYPETE
02-23-2012, 06:25 PM
the expensive way how about elevated walk ways with gates at the ends to get the people out of the way , with parks an yards fenced like the kids playgrounds are for bear in some parts

that works better for tourists

the cheap way a dozen cattle dogs

Lively Boy
02-23-2012, 08:53 PM
it is pretty neat to see them. That video was taken in Estes Park colorado. When i was there last ...14 years ago there was over 100 head down town. it is also the home of the Stanley Hotel built by the builder of the Stanley steamer also the hotel they used in the movie The Shining. neat place.

mtnman31
02-23-2012, 10:39 PM
Estes Park is interesting: there are all these lovely elk to see, but they are so accustomed to people that they are a danger to both people (mostly tourists) and themselves. The elk come out of the park (Rocky Mountain National Park) and go into town to chow on people's yards/gardens and lounge in the sun. They have no fear of people or cars. Since hunting is not allowed in the park, there is a population problem with the elk. You can't hunt them with a gun and many residents were opposed to bow hunting as well. I can understand not wanting a wounded elk totting down a tourist filled street, but at the same time, it isn't hard to see that elk with NO predators can become a problem. Seems like the national park service could recognize a problem and allow hunters to ethically thin the herd. Oh wait, no, they can't - every tree hugging, jobless environmentalist for 1000 miles would flock here to stand in between the hunters and elk; just like they did when bison were first allowed to be harvested outside of Yellowstone Park.

runfiverun
02-23-2012, 10:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjrEQaG5jPM
i thought the thread was about this kind of traffic,amazing no one gets killed.

chuckbuster
02-24-2012, 09:29 AM
Pretty sure the solution will eventually be to pay "Professionals" $$$$ each to remove them rather than collect $$$$$$ in Hunting License fees, plus all the rest of the local economy stimulus that a special season would encourage, gas, restaurant hotel bills etc.

Blacksmith
02-24-2012, 11:34 AM
Obviously the problem is they have no natrual predators. Can't you just see the tourists running from wolves or mountain lions.

edsmith
02-25-2012, 02:33 AM
they most likley got loose from a elk farm, one of the bulls had a ear tag.

BOOM BOOM
02-25-2012, 02:45 AM
HI,
WOW!
Never seen the like, elk or the India traffic.

gandydancer
02-25-2012, 03:21 AM
its not a case of the elk moving in. they where there long before the people. its a case of the people moving in on them