PDA

View Full Version : Lyman 450 vs RCBS LAM2

pistolshooter
02-21-2012, 11:11 AM
I picked up a Lyman 450 sizer last weekend along with some other used casting equipment. I already own a RCBS LAM2 that I am happy with, but one of them has to go. Is there any advantage of one sizer over the other? I am not trying to turn this into a Ford vs Chevy argument, just trying to see if there there is any real reason to keep one over the other. All opinions welcomed!

chboats
02-21-2012, 11:21 AM
If you like both about the same I would say go with the RCBS - customer service, customer service, customer service. It doesn't get any better than RCBS

Carl

Pepe Ray
02-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Hey P-shooter;
Did you consider keeping and using them both?
After you've changed dies and /or lube a few dozen times you'll
understand my suggestion.
Pepe Ray

Humbo
02-21-2012, 12:42 PM
If you like both about the same I would say go with the RCBS - customer service, customer service, customer service. It doesn't get any better than RCBS

Carl

I agree 100%.

Wayne Smith
02-21-2012, 02:13 PM
I have one of each. One has Emmerts for BP and pistol, low pressure stuff, the other has Speed Green for high pressure, high speed boolits. It's a bear to try to use more than one lube in a lube sizer.

fishnbob
02-21-2012, 02:38 PM
I have one of each. One has Emmerts for BP and pistol, low pressure stuff, the other has Speed Green for high pressure, high speed boolits. It's a bear to try to use more than one lube in a lube sizer.

AMEN Mr. Smith. I happen to have 2 LAM's for the same reason. Two different lubes and the other reason is customer service. :D

Huntducks
02-21-2012, 02:46 PM
In the past I have bought out several casters 2-RCBS 1-Lyman sold all on ebay, I wish I would have kept at least 1 if nothing else just to have the ablity to change lubes.

beagle
02-21-2012, 03:07 PM
I have one RCBS and about four #450s acquired at one time or another. I use mostly a Lyman #450 but don't have any complaints on the RCBS. Just a matter of preference and that's what I'm use to using.

Either one will do the job and all the sizers and TPs are interchangeable but each has it's little quirks./beagle

pistolshooter
02-22-2012, 12:43 AM
I have had RCBS equipment since I started loading many years ago. Always had good luck with it, and their customer service can't be beat. Wonder why I didn't think about keeping both presses [smilie=1: That's the same kind of thinking that got me 3 loading presses, and I'm sure happy to have them all. Nice not having to change dies so often.