PDA

View Full Version : This Is Not For Your Pellet Gun !!!!!

RANGER RICK
03-18-2007, 03:50 AM
Here is one of my last creations .

It is a 1615 Grain Hard cast .880 Bullet lubed with Lar's Carnuba Red .

I am told it is for a 4 Bore ?? Not sure .

I do not shoot these although I have the mold to cast these beauties .

The picture is a tad fuzzy but you can see the size difference .The bullet to the left is a .454 Dia 265 Grain Hard cast bullet .

Would you shoot this ???????

RR
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/RANGERRICKQUIGLEY/BULLETPICTURESE-BAYBIGBOYS003.jpg

357maximum
03-18-2007, 04:26 AM
I do not think I would pull the trigger more than once, but I sure would like to have one of them behemouths for my boolit board. How much?

Buckshot
03-18-2007, 05:22 AM
...................Now that's a honker! I'd stand and watch while someone ELSE shot it :-)

..................Buckshot

dagamore
03-18-2007, 06:12 AM
from what i have heard, the recoil on a 4 bore, while very violent, it is a very slow push, not a hard sharp slam. I have had the chance to shot a 8bore single rifle that was unloaded weight of ~20lbs (iirc). and i felt that it had a more managable recoil then my 7mm wetherby mag. not near as sharp, and alot more of a push then a punch. but damn i would love to own a full weight 2 or 4 bore double rifle, just to have fun with at the range. It would be so much fun to taunt the 50 cal shooters, with a 4 bore, but i tend to be evil like that.

WHITETAIL
03-18-2007, 08:10 AM
Wow, What does the pistol look like? ( ha ha ha)

Sundogg1911
03-18-2007, 09:41 AM
If you shoot that out of a Revolver, do you need moon clips? [smilie=1:

versifier
03-18-2007, 12:07 PM
I have fired a 4Bore. Once. One shot. Single shot shotgun with a metal buttplate, an unusually long barrel and a monopod to steady it. I would not describe it as a long, slow push (unless there was someone present that I really didn't like. [smilie=1: ) I weighed about 160lbs, am 6' tall, and was wearing a tshirt. It was loaded with birdshot, and I hung on for dear life as I touched it off. It took me off my feet and landed me flat on my back with the muzzle pointing straight up. I had a black eye and the bruise on my shoulder was about the size of a honeydew melon. It was a week before I could raise my right arm unassisted above shoulder level, and I missed a week of work.
"What happened to you!?!"
"Don't ask."
Since that time, whenever I see a firearm that looks like it will recoil excessively, I usually say something like: "I don't need two left shoulders, you shoot it and I'll watch." The thought of touching one off with a slug pales me. Maybe with a heavy double rifle, a very thick recoil pad, another 50lbs+ of body weight, and a really heavy winter coat it would be bearable, but it still wouldn't be fun.
Nice looking boolit, though.

Mk42gunner
03-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Personally I belive that anything that large requires a mount; either a heavy tripod or a vehicular mounted pintle.

Robert

Ricochet
03-18-2007, 12:42 PM
Looks very much like my round nosed .44 Special and .45 Auto boolits, scaled up.

3sixbits
03-18-2007, 01:43 PM
Is that from the double rifle here in Palmer? I have a loaded round I bought off that guy at a show. Someone told me that you can pay him to let you shoot the rifle, the guy that told me that had a stroke the day after he shot it.

woodman51jfk
03-18-2007, 05:38 PM
...shot a four bore double gun a few years back........one mountain tribe had it around from when the ( Hindu ) Indians were helping "liberate" thier country, they told us they use it for elephants & nasty tigers....I just shot melons:mrgreen: .........had to show no fear or pain to be accepted as worthy of talking to the tribal leaders & that was thier gauntlet. No fear was easy at the time....not showing the pain was more difficult:roll: ....but pulled it off[smilie=1: .......helps being 6'4" and 285 ( then ), but it is more than I would enjoy doing again......a gentle steady push, with a 20lb. sheepnose sledge is close:( ........

Uncle Grinch
03-18-2007, 06:06 PM
You don't shoot boolits like that... you lob them, like a mortar does!

Big Ouch!

Wayne Smith
03-18-2007, 07:52 PM
Ya gotta figure that these were the short range killer guns. Fifty yards was a long shot at an Elephant or Rhino or Buff. The 2 bores and 4 bores were used at charging animals at 25 yds - immediate need to put it down! I don't imagine, under those conditions, the recoil was all that noticable even if the bruise was. It's also why they used gun bearers!

MT Gianni
03-18-2007, 08:49 PM
I think that would take my benjamin more than the 5 pumps recommended to push it down the bbl. Gianni.

Hackleback
03-18-2007, 09:00 PM
I would like to have a couple "samples" to add to a collection of large bullets. this collection already has a couple pieces of your art. I have the collection sitting on a book shelf in my office. Every one that comes in has to pick up most of them and check them out before they leave. This by far would be the largest.

leftiye
03-19-2007, 12:53 AM
I've got a 40mm grenade round (inert) that's smaller than that!

dmbassking
03-19-2007, 03:19 AM
It is a 1615 Grain Hard cast .880 Bullet lubed with Lar's Carnuba Red .

I am told it is for a 4 Bore ?? Not sure .
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/RANGERRICKQUIGLEY/BULLETPICTURESE-BAYBIGBOYS003.jpg

I can't even imagine!

That hurts just looking at it

mike

G. Blessing
03-19-2007, 07:05 AM
I wouldn't want to shoot it out of anything that isn't bolted down..... I don't like the thought of being shot with one either, wound channel the size of a pie plate.....

G.