PDA

View Full Version : First Casting Session-Thanks Sundogg1911!

upperb
03-17-2007, 10:22 PM
Met Sundogg1911 on this forum. As is turns out, he lives just a few miles from me and works with my next door neighbor. Small world!

Having never cast a single bullet, Sundogg invited me to come to his home and try my hand at casting using his gear. He even let me use his new Master Caster. After patiently and thoroughly fielding my rookie questions for several hours (he is blessed with a very patient wife!), he sent me home with an armful of gear to get me started and the several hundred bullets we cast.

This guy is a class act! Thanks again, Sundogg1911!

joatmon
03-17-2007, 11:38 PM
That's great. I think from the pic's I saw in his bench post that i'ts customary to take a powder measure instead of wine or beer when you visit! Sounds like a straight up guy.

VTDW
03-18-2007, 11:42 AM
Nice story!! It is amazing how some sites just have an inordinate number of quality folks. This place is certainly one and MarlinOwners is another. My two favorite places. I don't know how many times I have just expressed a need and it was met by someone at these two sites. You reap what you so, so I do my part too.:drinks:

Dave

Sundogg1911
03-18-2007, 09:53 PM
Thanks Upperb,
It was fun. It was a great excuse for me to get out of the house and spend some time up in the "bullet barn". :-D
It was great actually meeting someone in my area that shares the same interests.
Next we have to head up to the range and see how straight they fly down range. :drinks:

454PB
03-19-2007, 12:41 AM
Well kudos to Sundogg!

I think in general, shooters and handloaders are always generous with their time and knowledge, and casters even more so.