PDA

View Full Version : Accurate Molds Website Help

prs
02-18-2012, 02:12 PM
I guess I must not be the sharpest tool in the shed. There is a boolit listed on Accurate Molds site that I want to check out regarding options for mold material, number of cavities, and price; but when I go to shop products all I get is a custom boolit design routine. How do add the listed boolit I want to a shopping cart and get the options to show? I would like to investigate the 43-335B for the Swiss Vet, single or double cavity is fine and AL or other would be OK. Just shopping at this ooint, but I usually get bit by the bug and purchase.

prs

geargnasher
02-18-2012, 02:46 PM
PRS, you'll need to go through the ordering process to see all the options, but you don't have to hit "submit" at the end. You might be able to save your selection as a "screen shot" but that would be the only way, he doens't have a "wish list" you can save on the site. You can essentially ask for whatever you want within the limits of the block designs he offers, and I think he explains those limitations on one of the pages of his site. Depending on length and size of the boolit and mould material selection you can get up to four cavities. A single or double in 335-grain 43 caliber should be no problem at all in any of the three materials he offers.

Fire off an Email to Tom if you have any specific questions or needs for the boolit like nose diameter to fit your gun's throat exactly and other things. Tom cuts each mould to order and can tweak the program on his CNC lathe to make the mould cast the size you need with the alloy you choose, but you have to communicate with him and know exactly what you need. A chamber cast or impact slug helps, and he can offer a wealth of suggestions and input to help you along if you provide him with the necessary information about your gun's chamber and throat dimensions.

Gear

prs
02-18-2012, 08:47 PM
Thanks Gear. I was afraid I would have to do it right. But I am just shopping and wanted a price range. Since he has the bullet listed and all the dimensions stated, I hoped it was an available off the shelf product with pricing set. I did not realize all the molds there were true customs. If I really get serious, I will go the mile, but its not my project, just helping another shooter.

prs

geargnasher
02-19-2012, 01:28 AM
I'm sure Tom stockpiles finished block blanks, but as far as I know all his production moulds are made-to-order. Ordering one is really no big deal and he has a habit of getting them made and shipped the minute he gets paid.

Gear

MikeS
02-19-2012, 11:55 AM
prs: Just go thru the ordering process far enough to get to the pricing. The pricing is the same regardless of boolit design, it just varies by number of cavities, and mould material chosen.

scb
02-19-2012, 11:58 AM
You don't have to actually place the order. The order process just refines your options as there are many of them and shows you the price for exactly what you want.

prs
02-19-2012, 11:33 PM
Thanks folks, I'll wade through it again.

prs