PDA

View Full Version : Romanian 22rf trainer

Frank46
06-27-2005, 04:25 AM
On saturday past I purchased at a gun show what has to be the ugliest 22rf
rifle I've ever seen. Its a romanian heavy bbl single shot training rifle. Has minature mauser type bolt and has a little tray where you put the round. Unfortunately the bbl has seen better days. *****!!!!. But all is not lost. I have a couple 22 martini bbls and a new stevens 416 bbl that just might fit with a little lathe work. The bbl is pinned in place. I managed to get most of the bolt disassembled but cannot figure out how to disassemble the firing pin, spring and cocking piece. There is no cross pin pn the cocking piece, so maybe the firing pin is threaded into the cocking piece. The stock is a mauser type and will clean up nicely. Just bought it to have something to fool around with. So if anyone has had any experience with the disassembly will be mighty glad to hear from you. Frank

BeeMan
06-27-2005, 11:05 AM
Frank,

I have a couple of the Romanian 1969 trainers. Look here to see if the bolt breakdown is the the same:

http://www.surplusrifle.com/romanian1969/disassemble/hs.asp

Too bad about the barrel on your single shot. My 1969s both shoot pretty good.

BeeMan

Frank46
06-28-2005, 04:41 AM
BeeMan, checked out the site you listed. The rifle in question is not even remotely like the 1969 romanian trainer. Has a two piece firing pin which unlike
the 69' model can be removed from the bolt.Sort of like the springfield but the firing pin is attached to the striker by means of a cross pin which fits into a groove on the striker head. I pushed the striker back as far as I can and do not see a cross pin. Scientific guess, the striker is threaded on to the cocking piece. I still will be able to clean all the muck of the shroud, spring and striker with brake cleaner and then blow out with the air compressor. Then lube. Should be able to install a bbl as the origional is pinned in place and only one extractor cut at 12 O'clock. This thing is ugly with a capital "U"
and that's why I bought it. There so much gunk on the wood that I'll probably have to use some kinda solvent to get it off. The rifle was imported
by CAI Georgia VT.The receiver kinda looks like one of those german training rifles KKJ or something similar. The metal is in good condition though. Frank