PDA

View Full Version : Success X 2

Arceagle
02-12-2012, 11:00 PM
I finally got to shoot some of my cast boolits out of my Black Hawk .327 federal magnum today. They were 115 gr. FN with a gas check. I used a NOE 314316 mould to cast the boolits and the lube was the Ben's Red recipe. I ended up with a BHN of 18 or better gauged by mashing then into some purchased bullets of "known" hardness. I loaded them in new brass (that I bought from Freedom Arms) with 12 gr. of H-110. I only loaded 30 rounds just in case I had any problems with them. When I finally got to test them and they worked perfect, nice small groups and 0 leading. I cleaned the gun before I started the test so I could tell for sure if they had any problems. All I got when cleaning the gun afterwords was a few unburned flakes of gun powder. The only way I was able to achieve all this in just a couple of months was with the help I was given from this Forum thanks to it's members. Also as if this wasn't already a great day I got news from one of the family members that have been helping me look for lead that he has found a large stash of the elusive clip on wheel weights.

RayinNH
02-12-2012, 11:39 PM
It's a lot more fun when things work well :drinks:...Ray