PDA

View Full Version : Browning Low Wall

EWOK
03-16-2007, 06:49 AM
I got this in a trade, chamber for 7mm STW, octagon barrel, fair condition, whats it worth? Don't plan on using it for anything but don't get out much to find anything to trade it for.

fourarmed
03-16-2007, 01:11 PM
Are you sure it's a low wall? That sounds like one hell of a lot of cartridge to be chambered in a low wall.

Nrut
03-16-2007, 01:18 PM
The largest cal. that the Browning Low Walls were chambered for was the .260 Rem in a rifle cart. (.45 Colt in pistol cart.)....your Low Wall must have been either re-barrelled or rebored and chambered to a 7 STW....If you had said it was redone in 7X57 or 7-08 I would have gotten all excited.....[smilie=1:
Value? $600.00 plus depending on condition,wood (some of these are outstanding),and a buyer interested in a 7STW...
Did you get the orignal barrel for this rifle?
Fair Condition?...I have never seen one in less than "good to excellent condition"

EWOK
03-16-2007, 01:48 PM
Well guys, I'll fess up to being low wall, high wall dumb, but it is a browning sliding block something that was a 7mm Rem. Mag. that was rechambered, boy that had it did not take care of it but it did clean up good but has a few scratches on the wood, hey I traded and Savage bolt for it and the way that bolt shot, I sometimes wish I had it back, guess I'll take it to the gun show and try to trade it off for something.

Bullshop
03-16-2007, 04:47 PM
I am always interested in Browning actions. What ya want fer it? Trade?
Is it a B-78 (non rebounding hammer) or 1885 (rebounding hammer)
Lets talk!
BIC/BS