PDA

View Full Version : Answering PM's

rmb721
03-15-2007, 10:34 PM
I have been on a few other forums the last few days. I have sent PM's about buying and trading things and have not had one answered yet. On this forum, I don't think I have ever sent a PM that was not answered. Has anyone else run into this on other forums?

twoworms
03-15-2007, 10:59 PM
Most folks on the web don't care to help others the way the guys/lady's do on this site.

This is not one of the best, its the best forum I have been on.

Tim :Fire:

waksupi
03-15-2007, 11:13 PM
Rmb, get used to it. This is THE place.

BruceB
03-15-2007, 11:15 PM
This computer of ours has given us fits for years, when dealing with PMs. I have no idea why, but PMs often go missing, either inbound or outbound.

The inbound casualties I rarely hear about, because the senders don't know I didn't get them. They just think I'm a jerk and go on with their lives, I reckon. The outbounders are the same, because the addressees also don't know I sent them out. The real problem is that the mishaps are random....sometimes the blasted thing works fine, and other times I'll be in a PM blackout for days or longer....and NOT KNOW IT!

Humble apologies to those who may have sent me messages and received no reply. I do try to answer whatever does manage to show up on my screen.

I will take great pleasure in introducing this computer to my M1A some sunny day....!

rmb721
03-16-2007, 01:50 AM
Well, I found out that one of my PM's didn't get through. I posted that I had sent a PM and the other person posted that he hadn't received it. So, I guess it is best to post it when you send a PM.

Gunload Master
03-16-2007, 06:26 PM
When this software was first initalized on here it had the option that you could see the PM's you sent if they have been read or not. It was shot down rather quickly as being an annoyance. It could be re-enabled if enough intrest is brought up.

Scrounger
03-16-2007, 07:36 PM
When this software was first initalized on here it had the option that you could see the PM's you sent if they have been read or not. It was shot down rather quickly as being an annoyance. It could be re-enabled if enough intrest is brought up.
I would favor that because it would allow us to delete the PMs after they're read and save a little bandwidth???

45nut
03-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Maybe its just me,,but unless its an original every pm I deal with automatically includes the original message.....can that function also be turned off? I sure havent found anyway to get around it except manually deleteing the first one...

versifier
03-16-2007, 09:36 PM
Face it boys (and girls), we got it good here. The rest can go to hell in a bucket for all of me, these three fora I'm sticking with. Thanks Willy and all, they wouldn't be what they are without the folks that make them up. Even the folks who don't like each other are civil here... :mrgreen:

pumpguy
03-16-2007, 09:52 PM
I kind of like that feature. Maybe you could post a query as to whether anyone else wants it nowadays??????

Gunload Master
03-16-2007, 11:43 PM
I don't think that feature can be turned on / off per user Ken.. I actually really enjoy and sort of need that feature myself as sometimes when the PM's are flying I can't remember what i've talked about with who... I'll check into it eventually..

If there's enough members wanting that feature pumpguy I will enabled it for a while and guage the reaction from there :)

floodgate
03-17-2007, 11:56 AM
GLM:

Personally, I like the feature; lets me keep a series of related PM exchanges all together, and when done, I can pull a copy for my "hard copy" files and erase the PMs.

Doug