PDA

View Full Version : good morning!

Colorado1135
02-12-2012, 11:02 AM
Hello everyone, I've been a member for a while, mostly lurking and just reading and learning. Last night my son woke me because he was sick, I could't get to sleep so I browsed some topics and made my way into the chatroom. Mooseman, cummins05 and captainRob welcomed me in and we chatted til the wee hours of morning. so I decided I'm going to hangout a little more and contribute more from time to time, and I figured the best way was to put out an introduction and tell a little about myself. I'm 32, a single dad who works restoring habitat for wildlife. I work for a nonprofit conservation org. I live in SW south dakota and am now just starting to get together a bullet casting setup. hopefully I'll have some bullets made here in the next week or so after I get my melting pot and some lead. see you on the pages!

Ryan

theperfessor
02-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Welcome and enjoy the company. Hope your son gets well soon.

1Shirt
02-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Welcome aboard! You are in pretty good p-dog country, and I am a p-dog shooter. Let us know how you are coming along with casting! Good Luck!
1Shirt!:coffeecom

firefly1957
02-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Wayne Smith
02-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Welcome to the madness! I remember what a sick kid makes you feel. Good on you and take care of him. Boolits will always wait.

lbaize3
02-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Glad you are participating. I spent time lurking, too. When I started asking questions and responding to questions that I had experience with, the joy of using this forum skyrocketed. Join in whenever you can, we are happy to have you here.

Echo
02-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Welcome, Ryan, and +1 for the improved health of your son.

quilbilly
02-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Welcome to the group! You should tell us a little about you wildlife habitat work.

Colorado1135
02-12-2012, 02:07 PM
the primary focus of what I do is reclaiming former farm land and putting it back into native vegetation, while incorporating small food plots to give the wildlife a leg up food wise. its very much like ranching, only the focus is habitat/wildlife.