PDA

View Full Version : yet another Star Luber-Sizer question. :)

dmftoy1
03-15-2007, 04:25 PM
Ok, it's like Christmas here because my sizer just arrived. Seems pretty straightforward but I had one question . . . .how do most people get their last bullet out of the die? I'd guess I could take a smaller diameter bullet and use it to "push" the larger one out but I'd think there's a better solution?

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Have a good one,
Dave

johnho
03-15-2007, 04:36 PM
I just leave it in. why take it out? It also plugs up the holes so lube doesn't continue to flow out as I use a heater and air pressue device.

Lloyd Smale
03-15-2007, 05:03 PM
like johnho said leave it in. IF your really worried about it use a smaller bullet to push it out

dmftoy1
03-15-2007, 05:19 PM
Yup, stupid Noobie question/mistake. Finished lubing my first few 'reject' boolits to get a feel for it and then popped the die out . . . .and the lube just started coming out. :)

Note to self: Last bullet is a cork. :)

Springfield
03-15-2007, 05:30 PM
You have to take it out when you change the die, usually. There is a tool for that. You buy the Star used?

Sundogg1911
03-15-2007, 09:54 PM
there's a small rod that's threaded on one end. it threads into the top punch piece of the die removal tool, then it just pushes it out. after that you remove the short threaded rod and thread the longer one up through the bottom with the die removal tool and push the sizer handle up. (Make sure you losen the set screw if it's an older Star, the new Magma Star's don't have the set screw) then take out the die. It's a prtetty simple process with the tool.

dmftoy1
03-16-2007, 05:36 AM
I bought it from Magma. I had a good time lubing some of my rejects last night to get a feel for how it works. Seems pretty simple. The trickiest bit appears to be lining up the lube holes with the lube grooves but they seem to be coming out "pretty" now so I think I've got it figured out. Now I just need to stain/poly the "strong mount" I made to mount it too. :)

It feels good to be almost ready to shoot my first boolits.

Have a good one,
Dave