PDA

View Full Version : Big Mould for .50

Underclocked
03-15-2007, 03:59 PM
fer da big dawgs :wink:

Some of us over at DWBs are trying to orchestrate our own group buy for a good .50x conical bullet mould from LEE. We have 5 people at this point with hopefully a few more to follow. If anyone here is interested in participatiing, please contact Rattus58 (posting here also).

Here is a pic of the bullet (as best I can do and mostly thanks to Dan at Mountain Molds for his design program):

http://aycu32.webshots.com/image/13191/2004882083638333762_rs.jpg

Any comments on the design are welcome but we are already fairly set on this one. Question to the honchos (if you see this), is that bullet doable as a two cavity from LEE?

Underclocked
03-16-2007, 02:13 PM
We now have 10 people commited to this buy at DWBs. No one here wants one?

Bullshop
03-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Man would ya quit jumpin all over so I kin find ya. Just left word at DWB's.
I will check back over there later today. I gotta go finish Bats boolits.
BIC/BS

Underclocked
03-16-2007, 05:16 PM
Got ya covered over there. Have you still got the 460NEx mould?

45nut
03-16-2007, 05:35 PM
DWB's?

Bullshop
03-16-2007, 06:59 PM
Underclocked
I still have the origonal, and have orderd its double so I can send this one back. TT said he would like to get it back but I can keep it till the new one arrives from MTM.
45NUT
Thats the place where them fellas that shoot those wonderfuly accurate White ML rifles hang out.
BTW I been away a couple days and just got home and found this flier from Century Arms. They are showing the Enfield 45 acp carbines again at about $300.00. They show a different front sight than what I got but if you still want one I dont think you will find it ready to go for less $.
BIC/BS

Underclocked
03-16-2007, 10:01 PM
DWBs is as Dan has explained. Stands for Dirty White Boys. :mrgreen:

Underclocked
03-27-2007, 11:12 PM
Hopefully, this will be last design submittal to LEE.

http://home.mchsi.com/~rltsr2/1BulletFinal.jpg

Any guesses on what weight it will cast in pure lead?

BBA
04-15-2007, 09:15 AM
Underclocked, I signed up over at DWB's site to get more info on this GB but have not got clearance from the person in charge. I would like to find out more about this mould if possible. I have 3 Whites (.410, .45, & .50 Thunderbolt). It's been more than 2 weeks, is this buy still going?

piwo
04-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Underclocked, I signed up over at DWB's site to get more info on this GB but have not got clearance from the person in charge.
I had the same experience. Eventually got an email:

"Our staff has opted not to approve your account,
and therefore it has been removed."

Since they had no business dealings to base this decision on,
I surmised they either
a) have all the business they want,
b) arbitrarily accept people
C) base decisions on screen names.

Good luck!

Bullshop
04-15-2007, 12:41 PM
BBA
Say you care to sell or trade one of those Whites? I would be interested in the 40 or 45 cals.
BIC/BS

Underclocked
04-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Guys, the problem is that unless someone there knows a bit about you - it isn't likely you'll be approved. BBA - provide me the username you signed up with and I'll see what can be done.

Piwo - I don't know what might have happened in your case but I expect the pending member list got a little full of names/folks that nobody knew anything about. Go sign up again and use the same screenname as here please.

And, if you do become a member - please POST.

A lot of horseplay and nonsense there - but it's all meant to be in fun. Amongst all that are a bunch of guys that truly enjoy muzzleloading and Whites in particular. I'm not here to recruit members to that forum but I will try to help those that have had trouble with joining (unless I know you to be a radical).

The group buy has been submitted - but to make the 25 mold order some guys took two that would as soon have had only one. In other words, you'll probably still be able to get one from one of those folks.

ps: I do believe that bullet mold is going to drop bullets a little lighter than we had first hoped - probably 440 to 450 grains or so.

BBA
04-15-2007, 09:13 PM
Bullshop, unfortunately the Whites shoot too good to sell one. The Thunderbolt was alittle tuff to tame but I modified a Lee minne mould and made it flat base. Not sure of the weight of it now but shoots fairly well.

Underclocked
04-15-2007, 09:47 PM
BBA, in case you missed it in an earlier post - Bull Shop makes some conicals for the Whites that perform GREAT and at prices that are extremely reasonable.

You might want to order a few hundred while waiting for a mold. His pricing really does take away some of the incentive for casting your own.