PDA

View Full Version : FELIX have you ever tried

Lloyd Smale
03-15-2007, 06:15 AM
making felix lube and substituting the beeswax with alox. Ive got a gallon of allox for making 5050 and was wondering if it would be any help or hinderance to substitute the the beeswax for either staight alox or 5050 alox/beeswax. The alox i have is pretty much the same consistancy as beeswax.

felix
03-15-2007, 09:29 AM
Lloyd, you got me on that one! I have no idea on what to tell ya'. Play games, and see what happens. Start with what you think is the worst case of components. If there is any smithering of hope, then continue. If not, forget it until another day when more ideas come to light. ... felix

Lloyd Smale
03-15-2007, 12:37 PM
there in lies the problem with me felix. I mostly shoot handguns and any handgun i ever had that was prone to leading was either fixed or ****canned. In all reality 5050 lube is all a guy really needs for handguns. I like making felix lube because i guess it just gives me satisfaction and fills the mad scientist void in me. Ive made a few batches of modified felix adding stuff like courdoba wax jojoba oil and lee alox and even cut it with hard lubes to stiffen it up. All of it has worked fine but its pretty tough to see if im really gaining anything by doing it. Its the rifle guys like you that really put the test to lubes.