PDA

View Full Version : MP 452hp-200

M4bushy
02-06-2012, 07:12 PM
After casting solely with Lee molds, this MP 452-200 4 cavity is awesome! This will produce buckets of boolits extremely fast. My Sig p-220 is going to love thease.....http://img.tapatalk.com/cf05d90d-5e3f-dd53.jpg

lbaize3
02-06-2012, 07:44 PM
It really is a lot of fun, isn't it! Great job with your MP mold.

stubshaft
02-06-2012, 07:46 PM
Lee molds aren't bad at all. But, once you take off the training wheels things get alot more exciting!

M4bushy
02-10-2012, 04:03 PM
So I started loading some test loads and I have an issue. My dillon seating die is leaving a ring around my otherwise awesome bullet.....;-) i really don't want to modify the seating stem because i still load jacketed bullets and it works perfectly on those. Is anyone using a different seating die and not getting the ring?

Ron

felix
02-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Measure the loaded rounds. If they are indeed round, OK. That is what the gun sees. The ring only matters to your eyeballs, and nothing else within a hundred yards of the muzzle. I just ordered a straight line seating die for the ACP. ... felix

Reload3006
02-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Timely post I just sent a paypal payment to Miha I have that same mold coming only in .454 Hope i didnt screw up but wanted to have something that I could size and control size a little better. Seeing your Boolits makes me anxious to get mine.

Dale53
02-10-2012, 04:23 PM
M4bushy;
The "ring" probably means nothing. However, you do have an option. If the dies are Dillons, call them and have them send an extra seating stem. You can then use epoxy and custom fit the stem to your bullet (tip: fill the hollow point with bullet lube and use release agent to keep the epoxy from sticking to the bullet).

FWIW
Dale53

W.R.Buchanan
02-10-2012, 05:44 PM
+1 to Dale 53's simple solution.

Randy

M4bushy
02-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Timely post I just sent a paypal payment to Miha I have that same mold coming only in .454 Hope i didnt screw up but wanted to have something that I could size and control size a little better. Seeing your Boolits makes me anxious to get mine.

The mold cast awesome bullets. The previous owner wasn't nice to it but a little stoning and lube got it to close correctly. The hp pins were in rough shape. It looked Like they grabbed them with pliers to remove them. I still haven't figured out how to get them to drop off of the penta pins without several taps of a rawhide mallet.

M4bushy
02-10-2012, 07:43 PM
M4bushy;
The "ring" probably means nothing. However, you do have an option. If the dies are Dillons, call them and have them send an extra seating stem. You can then use epoxy and custom fit the stem to your bullet (tip: fill the hollow point with bullet lube and use release agent to keep the epoxy from sticking to the bullet).

FWIW
Dale53

Yeh I know it won't affect the flight of the bullet but the penta hollow point is such a cool looking bullet, it doesn't need a halo. ;-)

Ron

buyobuyo
02-10-2012, 11:31 PM
I still haven't figured out how to get them to drop off of the penta pins without several taps of a rawhide mallet.

That's the same problem that I have with the penta pins in mine, and from the gb thread it sounds like a common problem with the latest run of this mold. I'm going to be taking my sharpening stones to them to see about knocking down the machine marks and smoothing them out. I can get mine to drop off if I get the mold, so hot that it takes the sprue 10 seconds or better to solidify. :holysheep

Dale53
02-11-2012, 01:30 AM
I have posted this before. If you coat the pins with mould release, the bullets drop right off.

FWIW
Dale53

Doby45
02-11-2012, 02:00 AM
Use a flat seating stem, works great for those penta HPs..

M4bushy
02-12-2012, 06:49 AM
Use a flat seating stem, works great for those penta HPs..

I will give it a try.

Thanks,
Ron