PDA

View Full Version : What Cast Boolits is all about

Jim
02-06-2012, 03:44 PM
A while back, I started a thead soliciting help (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=139351)for a new member. Quite a few guys pitched in and contributed to helping the new member get it off the ground.

I stopped by the post office today and found an envelope from someone I had never heard from before. This is a very pleasant first for me, so I thought I would share it.

This, gentlemen, is to me what Cast Boolits is all about. These two sheets are now push pinned to the wall in my gunroom.
http://floydpics.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/dscn0214-e1328556855235.jpg

http://floydpics.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/dscn0210-e1328556784897.jpg

Echo
02-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Well - we could just pat ourselves on the back and give ourselves a 'Way To Go' - but I'll bet we already did that, and pressed on. It's what we do - no big thing - just what we do...

41 mag fan
02-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Thats awesome...good people still do exist in this world.....alot of them have become members on cast boolits.

x101airborne
02-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Gosh, Jim. I remember starting out reloading. RCBS presses new were 75.00, powder throwers were 35.00 new, etc. Starting out casting wasn't so bad because I was a little more well off financially. But getting started in anything new is expensive. Wether it is golf, fishing, or casting and reloading. Anytime I can help someone, I will because I remember what it was like to be new and "green" and I remember how some people were willing to help and how some were willing to treat me as less than a person. Well, Im better than that and I live to help others.

lbaize3
02-06-2012, 07:41 PM
The more of us we get involved in this casting and reloading gig, the more people we will have to shoot and discuss our hobby with.... Way to go, Jim!

stubshaft
02-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Great job Jim.

geezer56
02-06-2012, 08:07 PM
I still remember the old guy that got me started. I was 21, he was ancient. Probably about 55 at the time. Now I am 61, and have got a couple more generations involved. If we don't pass it on, it will die out with us old geezers. I thought I knew a few things til I joined this site, but I have learned more than I ever thought possible. Thanks to one and all, and lets keep this sport going and growing.

41 mag fan
02-06-2012, 08:44 PM
I still remember the old guy that got me started. I was 21, he was ancient. Probably about 55 at the time. Now I am 61, and have got a couple more generations involved. If we don't pass it on, it will die out with us old geezers. I thought I knew a few things til I joined this site, but I have learned more than I ever thought possible. Thanks to one and all, and lets keep this sport going and growing.

For every young person we get involved in the shooting and guns and reloading hobbies...we are passing on our heritage and legacy

GT27
02-06-2012, 08:55 PM
The "Mayberry" of forums here,you always feel welcome here!

02-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Already planning to give boolits to a friend's neighbor who just started reloading. By the way, I'm not so young, 49.

Jal5
02-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Nice job Jim and thanks for posting that. This is really the finest website around. Joe

gray wolf
02-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Some of what goes on here at cast boolits is just UN-believable
Way to go JIM

Harter66
02-07-2012, 04:50 PM
I too was pleasently suprized by the letter .

1Shirt
02-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Well to me it is about a small group of good old boys (in general) with common interests who want to promote the art/science/hobby of casting, reloading, and shooting with cast boolits. By far, most of those who post fall in that catagory. There are a few that are more knowledgable than others who are generalists and not as experianced as some with far more knowlegde and experiance. And there are the Newbees who are always welcome. Regardless of experiance and background knowledge, there is always something to learn on this forum. There are great exchanges of ideas, loads, experiances, and a wide, very wide in fact group of topics. And, like all groups of like minded people, there will very occaisionally be a very few who are horses patoots. They are usually found out fairly quickly and banned from the forum, or after warning change their horses patoot ways. Anywho, it is an addictive forum to those of us who are serious about cast boolits. Just my opinion.
1Shirt!:p