PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Primers

LAH
03-13-2007, 09:34 AM
Any reports?..............Creeker

44man
03-13-2007, 01:44 PM
I have heard all kinds of bad stuff about their brass, etc. I only know a friend brought over a lot of loaded rounds for his rifles and they were very, very accurate. I would probably try them out.

BluesBear
03-24-2007, 12:44 AM
Since the Wolf Gold line of ammo is produced for them by Prvi Partizan hopefully Prvi Partizan also makes their primers.
If so I'd try them since I really l ike the Prvi Partizan ammo.

Anyone know what the status of PMC Green primers is now that they've pulled all of their manufacturing out of the US and moved it back to South Korea?
I was getting good results with them and now I can't get anymore.

Buckshot
03-24-2007, 01:48 AM
..............The PMC primers that were being sold by Graf & son were being made in Russia, so it appears PMC 'sourced' some of their stuff. BTW, when G&S was closing them out they were selling for $56/5000 & no shipping charges plus $20 haz mat.

...............Buckshot

BluesBear
03-24-2007, 02:19 AM
Right before my accident in 2004 PMC had sent me 2000 of their then new Green primers for T&E.
For some reason I was thinking they were US made. I should have saved the packaging.

They worked very well and left the cases looking as clean as new on the inside.
I was condisering converting completely to them. They are the best non-toxic primers I have found. I could tell no performance difference between them and the standard CCI primers I always use.

44man
03-24-2007, 08:59 AM
To tell the truth, the only things I have ever had a problem with were some of WW's brass, not all, but some I just don't like.
And RWS percussion caps that would blow off the nipple in pieces and stick metal in my face. No problem with any other caps.
Right now, I wish China would make gas checks!

mag_01
03-24-2007, 11:59 AM
Last word that i heard from Graf's is they will no longer carry PMC because of price increase cost as much as what they pay for CCI----- Mag

Buckshot
03-25-2007, 02:09 AM
Last word that i heard from Graf's is they will no longer carry PMC because of price increase cost as much as what they pay for CCI----- Mag

...............Right. That's why they were closing them out. When I saw them on their closeout list, and the price being so freindly I called. I was afraid they were going to say they only went off on occasion or had other issues. It so happened it was Randy Graf who took the call (he also took one of my orders once and messed it up :-).

I asked why they were being discontinued. Were they crap or something? He said on the contrary, they had gotten glowing reports form many High Power and BR competitors who raved about their consistancy and overall performance. He said the manufacturer had gotten greedy and was raising the price to the point where they'd have to charge as much as American made primers. And while they were excellent primers they didnt feel anyone would pay that kind of money for what many took to be an 'off' brand.

..................Buckshot

Ron
03-25-2007, 03:35 AM
Creeker,
I started using PMC primers after I got a bad lot of Winchester. I have not had any problems with them and they are a bit cheaper than Win or Federal here in Melbourne.

LAH
03-25-2007, 06:43 AM
Thanks Ron.