PDA

View Full Version : Lee Sales

01-31-2012, 11:29 PM
I sent my first order to Lee Sales yesterday morning. Needed some sizing dies and a new carrier for my Load Master. Package arrived about 2:00 PM today. I know it's not far from Wisconsin to Iowa. But that is fast.

sig2009
02-01-2012, 11:29 AM
I sent my first order to Lee Sales yesterday morning. Needed some sizing dies and a new carrier for my Load Master. Package arrived about 2:00 PM today. I know it's not far from Wisconsin to Iowa. But that is fast.

You just overpayed quite a bit by ordering directly through Lee. Mid South and Ntachez have better pricing.

stubert
02-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Check FS Reloading, they are an authorized Lee distributer and have really good prices. I just bought a Lee classic turret for $85.00 plus shipping,($102.00 delivered) It goes for $150.00 on Lee's web site.

canebreaker
02-01-2012, 01:26 PM
It pays to ask questions and shop around.

02-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Check FS Reloading, they are an authorized Lee distributer and have really good prices. I just bought a Lee classic turret for $85.00 plus shipping,($102.00 delivered) It goes for $150.00 on Lee's web site.

That's who I got it through Lee Factory Sales.

Terryfromok
02-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Sounds great. I like it when businesses ship fast too.

Terryfromok

Alley Cat
02-01-2012, 10:40 PM
I have had good luck with Factory Sales and will do business with them again. Shipping to Iowa is surprisingly fast!

Duckdog
02-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Factory Sales rocks as far as I'm concerned. They are about as cheap as I have found and ship faster than most, besides maybe Midway.

mpmarty
02-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Nearly everyone with an online store sells cheaper than Lee Factory Sales.

wallenba
02-01-2012, 11:52 PM
(Lee) Factory sales ,https://factorysales.com/ is in the same town, sells Lee equipment exclusively and is a lot cheaper. Should ship just as fast.

P.S. guys, they're selling Loadmasters for $219.00.

MikeS
02-02-2012, 07:00 AM
Nearly everyone with an online store sells cheaper than Lee Factory Sales.

Marty: There is no such company as "Lee Factory Sales" there is a company called "Factory Sales" that sells Lee stuff, but is a separate company from Lee Precision, the company that makes the stuff. Supposedly you can't buy anything direct from Lee Precision anymore, their website says to buy from one of their stocking dealers, or an online dealer (like Factory Sales) if you don't have a stocking dealer near you.

02-02-2012, 07:34 AM
I've used Midway Natchez Mid-south Graft & Son and many others over the years and will again. But Factory Sales treated me right also. Sorry for the confusion. Factory Sales not Lee Sales.

milprileb
02-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Not to confuse anyone but you can buy direct from Lee itself. I wanted to buy a die that is not offered for sale in their catalog alone but sold only as part of a set. This was the neck size fie for 7.5 Swiss and I saw no need to buy a set with bullet seating die as I already had a FL sizing die set with such a seater in it. Why buy a second seater. Lee sold me the NS die separately and Midway,Natchez and anywhere else... its not sold separately.

Got a question, call Lee and they can steer you right. Now if its a normal Lee item, the dealers will normally have cheaper prices than buying from Lee directly.

And if you get a C&R license ($33 for 3 yrs), you can get 25% off as a discount with Midway and Graffs for Lee and other reloading products. I go to Graffs first as not only are they a sponsor, they are oriented fully on reloading gear and have better pricing than Midway or anywhere else. Then add my C&R discount to that ... significant money saved.

MikeS
02-02-2012, 10:31 AM
While yes, in the past you could buy direct from Lee, I think starting in 2012 they've stopped selling to the general public. I don't think this applies to special items like seating stems made to fit a special shape boolit, and the like.

milprileb
02-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Selling that die was info from 2 weeks ago direct from Lee so you can buy some things direct still.

midnight
02-02-2012, 09:57 PM
I drive by Lee fairly often and usually stop in. I never buy anything new cuz the price is too high but they always have a list in the little entryway of factory seconds and refurbished items. If you have enough patience you can get a lot of stuff really cheap. Once while I was there I asked if they were ever going to make a hollow point 45 ACP mold. She checked and told me they had one based on their 225gr that they were experimenting with. She showed it to me and I bought it for <$20. I never did make it into their line. I guess I've got a one of a kind. No part # just a blank white square on the end of the box. I'll check them again next time by.

Bob