PDA

View Full Version : Update from John Ross AKA The Devil

John Ross
01-24-2012, 09:20 AM
There's a few of you that are waiting on things from me like serial number availability and guns to ship. I haven't forgotten you.

However, I am FINALLY feeling close to human again after the worst case of viral conjunctivitis I have EVER experienced. The photo below was taken after I had been on anti-inflammatory steroidal eye drops for four days. The ophthalmologist I went to didn't want to touch me and said in no uncertain terms I was VERY contagious and not to have any contact with anyone. The good news is my eyes are undamaged.

So I've just been lying in bed and limping over to my computer on occasion, and getting meals delivered and left outside my door. I feel like I'm in the old joke where the guy gets diagnosed with AIDS and the doctor tells him he's going to put him on a strict diet of pancakes, pizza, and minute steak...

The nurses from hospice care tell me Mom has taken a turn for the worse but I don't want to go visit as long as I might give her this. I honestly think it would be fatal for her.

On a bright note, I've been having fun sending this photo to my friends' cell phones, with the text heading "The Devil says hi"

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/JohnRoss_07/012020121546_1.jpg

parson48
01-24-2012, 10:20 AM
Now, that is spooky!

Take care, get well.

Prayers for you and your mother. (I've never prayed for the devil before!).

Gunslinger1911
01-24-2012, 10:46 AM
Holye flashbacks Batman - I was gonna ask where you got a pic of my ex !!!

lbaize3
01-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Darned, John! Bad things DO happen to good people. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Leonard

Bloodman14
01-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Too bad this didn't happen at Halloween!:holysheep
I do hope you get better, John. Take care.

MajorJim
01-24-2012, 03:53 PM
Good Lord, John!

Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think that new look is gonna turn you into a chick magnet. And I'd stay away form the pea soup for now, lest someone thinks you are in need of an Exorcism.

All I know is that no one better engage in any trash talk about the 500 S&W. You will make him angry, and you won't like him when he is angry.

Get well. My stuff can hold until you are out of your Dante phase :-D

littlejack
01-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Really sir. I feel for you, and "I pray that our Lord in heaven will heal you from this sickness"
AMEN.
Have you ever SERIOUSLY considered changing your forum name?
Maybe you should.
Jack

Crawdaddy
01-24-2012, 04:27 PM
Holy cow Batman! Get well soon...

Catshooter
01-24-2012, 07:21 PM
That's down right nasty John. Hope you get better soon.

Say, wait a minute. That looks almost bad enough we could get it through our 'puters!

Naw . . . mabye? :)

Cat

Porterhouse
01-24-2012, 08:10 PM
John,
I've been wondering how you & your mom are. Hope complete recoverly for you but how the heck did you get that? Are you sure it's not caused by lead poison? May be burning too much powder?
All joke aside, I really wish all the best for your mom as there is nothing like your own mother. When I was young and stupid, I didn't care about mom and was too busy chasing girls around me. Got older but still remained stuipid, I was frustrated between mom and wife. Now I have two daughters, I just wish all the ladies to have good, happy life. I hope my girls to live long and if they do, they'll be old and I'll be gone. I hope there will be someone loves them as much as I do when they get all wrinkled...

geargnasher
01-24-2012, 08:22 PM
Yikes! That's some evil, evil stuff. I'm amazed it hasn't injured your eyes, count yourself lucky on that for sure. There are several good steroid drops, I take PredForte (looks like milk and feels like cement slurry) when my iritis acts up, I'm also surpised they didn't give you Kenelog injections too.

Take care of yourself, and don't worry too much about your Mom at the moment, I'm betting she'll be fine until you're fully well and able to see her again, moms are like that, just let her know every day that you're thinking about her.

Gear

DLCTEX
01-24-2012, 08:42 PM
John, prayers sent for you and your Mom. Hang in there and let us know how it goes.

frankenfab
01-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Damn! That made my eyes water!

bbs70
01-24-2012, 09:22 PM
First thing I saw was the picture and thought all you need now is a set of fangs.
Then I read the post, hope you get well soon.

crabo
01-24-2012, 09:22 PM
A new character for your next book? That is one bad dude!

mtnman31
01-24-2012, 09:57 PM
All you are missing in that photo is a pitch fork. Get well.

John Ross
01-25-2012, 06:37 AM
Thanks for all the kind words and amusing comments.

Went to see Mom yesterday at about 2:30. She was unresponsive, as she had been since last Thursday, when she last ate. Realize she hadn't recognized me (or anyone else) for about three months.

She died at about 5:30 yesterday. She was 8 weeks shy of 97 years old.

wilddog45
01-25-2012, 06:41 AM
Condolences on your mom. Looks like she lived a long life.

Gunslinger1911
01-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Condolences John

SharpsShooter
01-25-2012, 10:05 AM
My condolences and prayers for both a speedy recovery of your eyes and a comfort in your grief.

SS

mroliver77
01-25-2012, 10:09 AM
Condolences on your Mom, John.

I pray for your quick and complete recovery! Man. I can usually think of something smart azzed to say but that pic through me!
Jay

John Ross
01-25-2012, 10:40 AM
My recovery is very near complete right now. I don't scare kids anymore. Waiting for my two sisters to get in town for all arrangements. Thanks everybody.

WILCO
01-25-2012, 11:15 AM
On a bright note, I've been having fun sending this photo to my friends' cell phones, with the text heading "The Devil says hi"

Makes a great desktop background!

Condolences on your mom. Looks like she lived a long life.

Ditto for me John. Stay strong, keep moving forward.

MajorJim
01-25-2012, 02:45 PM
John,

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Jim

wilddog45
01-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Good thing those alley cleaner molds aren't finished yet. You could have been mistaken for a perp by proxy!!

rugerdude
01-25-2012, 11:57 PM
You have my deepest sympathies about your mom.

As for the eyes, I hope you are completely well soon.

Back in December, I got choked on something and after much coughing, hacking and generally nauseating behavior I got it out. However, I busted several blood vessels in my eyes in the process and actually looked very much like your picture. Reeeaaaallllly good look to be sporting on a vacation cruise! My sunglasses were my best friends that week!8-)

Three44s
01-26-2012, 12:09 AM
You are certainly in a ROUGH patch right now!

Condolences on your mother!

And a prayer for a continued speedy recovery for you!!!!

Three 44s

missionary5155
01-26-2012, 02:44 AM
Good morning John
May God give you peace in your heart. Grab on to a couple items that will help with the memories in the years to come. My dad died 30 years ago and I have some of his tools. I sure enjoy the memories each time I use one.
Mike in Peru

John Ross
01-26-2012, 09:18 AM
Grab on to a couple items that will help with the memories in the years to come. My dad died 30 years ago and I have some of his tools. I sure enjoy the memories each time I use one.
Mike in Peru

Good advice but completely unnecessary for me, as my house is already filled with things Mom gave me over the years like furniture, sterling silver, oriental rugs, paintings, etc.

When I was eighteen, Mom got an FFL and ammunition manufacturer's license in her name to facilitate my interest in firearms development. She was 60 years old at the time(!) I remember that every time I sign a copy and send it off somewhere. (BTW I switched these to my name when I turned 21.)

ErikO
01-26-2012, 09:28 AM
I lost my mom two years ago. My condolences.

captain-03
01-27-2012, 11:05 PM
Condolences John

rockrat
01-27-2012, 11:15 PM
Condolences on your Mom. You had a long life with your Mom. Keep her in your memory.

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
02-19-2012, 03:45 PM
John,

I just came across this thread and am very sorry to hear about your mother. Tracy and my thoughts are with you and the rest of your family.

When things settle down we will have to get together down at Parkwest again for some drinks and food!

Take care John!

ClemY
02-19-2012, 03:49 PM
Sorry about your mom. My mom is hanging in there. She is a youngster at only 91.

Those were the reddest eyes I have seen since my friend punched out of an F-18 at a little over 500 kts. Cool!

dholla
02-20-2012, 06:22 AM
My your mom RIP. Sorry for your loss.

lup
02-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Sorry for your loss. Hope you and you family recover quickly but never forget your loved one.

LUP