PDA

View Full Version : shipping

white eagle
01-23-2012, 07:48 PM
anyone know for a fact what I need to ship a handgun to a smith for work ?
I know I have to ship next day air but do I need his ffl license on the shipping info ????[smilie=w:

44man
01-23-2012, 08:15 PM
anyone know for a fact what I need to ship a handgun to a smith for work ?
I know I have to ship next day air but do I need his ffl license on the shipping info ????[smilie=w:
Yes, you need his FFL.

PacMan
01-23-2012, 08:17 PM
You can go fedx cheaper

tomme boy
01-23-2012, 08:51 PM
Have him get you a shipping label from the PO and it will be a lot cheaper. This would be the only way to ship it threw the PO. Also, there are NO laws that say it has to go overnite. Just company policy for UPS anFEDEX.

I had to send a pistol to RIA and they sent FEDEX with a label to pick up. They wanted me to take the slide off and they had it listed as machined parts.

The way I always ship guns that have to go to a dealer or factory is to abriviate the company or smith name. The people making the dileveries are the ones that are going to steal it.

Lefty SRH
01-23-2012, 08:58 PM
I've shipped mine back to Ruger a few times and they told me to ship Fed Ex, no FFL need nor overnight. Talk to the smith and see what he suggests.

williamwaco
01-23-2012, 09:31 PM
I've shipped mine back to Ruger a few times and they told me to ship Fed Ex, no FFL need nor overnight. Talk to the smith and see what he suggests.

Ditto. All you need is a box and a shipping lable.
Shipped one to Ruger. They said use FedEx only.

Ditto again for Kimber except they use UPS only.

Both shippers required me to buy insurance. ( an easy sale )

Both Ruger and Kimber shipped them right back to my front door. No ffl required.

Breadman03
01-23-2012, 10:37 PM
My LGS shipped my LCR to Ruger and received it back for me for $25. This avoids the possibility of FEDEX/UPS leaving your baby on your doorstep at the mercy of the neighbors.

prs
01-23-2012, 11:34 PM
Clear as mud. I have shipped several hand guns directly to the manufacturer or importer for repair. No FFL required so far as the recipient was concerned. None required from me to have the arm shipped back to me. In all cases, the manufacturer sent the shipper to collect the unmarked package addressed to a manufacturer. No questions, no problem. Is that the legal, way? I dunno. It worked.

prs