PDA

View Full Version : Week end project

Olevern
01-22-2012, 05:07 PM
Awhile back, I was at the home of a friend and saw his homemade wall-mounted pistol rack. I remarked on it and examined it closely with the intention of duplicating it when I got home.

Welll, I put one together from memory and it has been sitting in my wood shop for several months, finally got around to mounting it in the reloading room on the end of a shelf set.

Well, it looks like some more engineering is in order. The rack is too shallow and only a few of my single actions revolvers will fit in it.

My intention is to use this rack to hold several (up to four) handguns up off the bench and out of the way while working on loads, or pending cleaning, etc.

Guess it's back to the drawing board, but at least I know now what needs to happen.

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Olevern/DSC_8012.jpg

Isaac
01-24-2012, 08:49 AM
Pretty neat!

I like the concept. Don't forget to show photos of the final outcome.

Issac.

lbaize3
01-24-2012, 12:47 PM
Good work! Doesn't it feel great to make something you can use like that?

Olevern
01-24-2012, 06:15 PM
Good work! Doesn't it feel great to make something you can use like that?

Roger that!

Olevern
01-24-2012, 06:17 PM
Pretty neat!

I like the concept. Don't forget to show photos of the final outcome.

Issac.

will do, however, it will probably be several weeks before I can get to the prototype #2 as I just took a new job that's keeping me on the road a lot.

Isaac
01-25-2012, 06:42 AM
will do, however, it will probably be several weeks before I can get to the prototype #2 as I just took a new job that's keeping me on the road a lot.

Understandable. Good luck with the new job.

Isaac