PDA

View Full Version : reloading books

milo14
01-22-2012, 01:32 PM
which one out there gives the most listings on lead bullet reloading thanks

mooman76
01-22-2012, 01:53 PM
Lyman is my go too book for cast. Also the Lyman cast bullets handbook has allot. After that I choose Lee. Most manuals don't have lead bullet data or very little at all as I am sure you figured out already.

01-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Lyman's Reloading Handbook and their Cast Bullet Handbook. Buy at least one edition of each.

cbrick
01-22-2012, 02:27 PM
Welcome to CastBoolits milo,

Yep, for data the Lyman books but don't over look the Hodgdon online data, fair amount of cast data there as well.

Hodgdon online load data (http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp)

Rick

Larry Gibson
01-22-2012, 02:42 PM
Lyman's Reloading Handbook and their Cast Bullet Handbook. Buy at least one edition of each.

+1. The current Lyman Cast bullet Handbook Edition 4 is a good one for the data. However, Edition 3 has some valuable information up front that #4 doesn't have. I suggest you get both if you can. The Lyman reloading Handbook #49(?) also is good to have as it also has jacketed bullet data which is sometimes usefull to have.

Larry Gibson

runfiverun
01-22-2012, 03:38 PM
the lyman 47th edition has both cast and jacketed data.
and sometimes it has data in it that is more useful than the cast bullet #3 [48th] has.
i need to find another #3 as mine is falling apart.

tonyjones
01-22-2012, 11:15 PM
The Accurate Smokeless Powders Reloading Guide Number Two is a good source of cast and jacketed bullet load data; especially with slower burn rate powders. You might check their website as the data may be available on line.

Regards,

Tony

220swiftfn
01-23-2012, 01:08 AM
Hodgdon's Annual Manual has a fair amount of cast data, as does Speer....

Dan

beagle
01-23-2012, 01:29 PM
The Lymans for sure. Get one of every edition if possbile as the earlier editions have some good stuff as well. The third edition is best but our own Mike Venturino has updated much of the old data in the 4th edition and it covers many cartridges and powders that were unavailable when the 3rd edition was published.

There's just not one "go to" manual for cast bullets out there./beagle

MtGun44
01-23-2012, 02:26 PM
Lyman's is the one for direct info, but this is not a big deal. Use any jacketed load
data for the same weight with a boolit and you will be fine.

Bill

cbrick
01-23-2012, 02:44 PM
Lyman's is the one for direct info, but this is not a big deal. Use any jacketed load
data for the same weight with a boolit and you will be fine. Bill

Yep, that's exactly how I do it. Look for full length gas check data for the bullet weight & velocity range & powder type that I'm looking for & test it.

Rick

1Shirt
02-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Lyman is the #1 for cast, but all of them have merit. Can never have to many. E-bay is a good place to find and buy the older ones. Good references.
1Shirt!:coffeecom