PDA

View Full Version : why can't i post in the swappin and sellin?

44magnum1979
01-22-2012, 09:22 AM
Hello i not sure were to post this i would like to post an ad in the swappin and sellin section the forum wont let me does anyone know why?

btroj
01-22-2012, 09:25 AM
Did you read the forum rules?
You must have a certain number of posts and I think be a member a certain period of time to post there.

This would be a great time to read the forum rules.

44magnum1979
01-22-2012, 09:26 AM
thanks i will check it out. i read alot on here i just dont post much.

btroj
01-22-2012, 10:48 AM
I looked, 30 days, 25 posts.

Bill*
01-22-2012, 10:52 AM
I looked, 30 days, 25 posts.

I guess that means both, not either or, as OP has been here since last August.

44magnum1979
01-22-2012, 10:55 AM
but i checked the swapping and sellin section there are guys with 8 posts that are selling things.

fishhawk
01-22-2012, 10:55 AM
It does indeed mean 30 days AND 25 relevant posts. The date of the rule change was Aug 8th those registered here before that date have been grandfathered. steve k swapping and selling moderator

44magnum1979
01-22-2012, 10:57 AM
i tried again it says that i need activated or somthing.

fishhawk
01-22-2012, 11:00 AM
You do not have the required posts to sell.

oneokie
01-22-2012, 11:18 AM
You joined 9 days after the cutoff date to be grandfathered in.

Bill*
01-22-2012, 11:24 AM
Ya need 11 more posts! (but don't do 11 "Yeah That" or "This" (with an "up" arrow) or I'll think I'm on Rimfire Central) ;-)
Also...."That" :mad:

44magnum1979
01-22-2012, 11:25 AM
i really enjoy this forum i have learned alot thanks guys

cbrick
01-22-2012, 11:27 AM
The rules do say "relevant" posts. Good chance the mods won't count "bump, bump" as relevant.

Rick

Bill*
01-22-2012, 11:30 AM
Hang tight....yer almost in the swap/sell......not here

canyon-ghost
01-22-2012, 11:33 AM
It might not hurt to move around and let the guys get to know you. Some won't deal with you until you've been here a year or so, because they do want to know you!

waksupi
01-22-2012, 01:22 PM
Considering your posts here so far, I would be VERY cautious about doing any dealings with you.

Boerrancher
01-22-2012, 01:53 PM
Considering your posts here so far, I would be VERY cautious about doing any dealings with you.

I don't do a lot of dealings in the swapping and selling, but when I do I only deal with fellas that have been around awhile. For example, I have had folks buy things from me that I mailed to them long before I ever saw the money, because I knew they were good for it. I also will not buy from someone who hasn't been hear a long time. Most of the people here are great, but there are a few that have come and gone that are less than desirable. No offense intended, but before I would consider buying I want to read more of your posts and get an insight into who you are.

Best wishes,

Joe

Grandpas50AE
01-22-2012, 02:44 PM
. No offense intended, but before I would consider buying I want to read more of your posts and get an insight into who you are.

Best wishes,

Joe

Very well said.

Recluse
01-22-2012, 03:10 PM
It might not hurt to move around and let the guys get to know you. Some won't deal with you until you've been here a year or so, because they do want to know you!

I don't do a lot of dealings in the swapping and selling, but when I do I only deal with fellas that have been around awhile.

Best wishes,

Joe

My biggest pet peeve on Swapping & Selling are the traveling salesmen that come around, join, do their requisite minimum number of posts and time, then about the only damned thing they do is sell--and you can tell that it's stuff they've picked up at estate sales, trades, etc for the purposes of reselling.

We called them carpetbaggers when I was growing up, and it was not a flattering term of endearment.

I refuse to buy anything from them, no matter how good the deal. Can't trust them and have been burned twice by carpetbaggers here. No deadbeat deals, just that the merchandise sent to me wasn't exactly "as advertised."

Rather than raise a stink, I simply put them in the Ignore List. Both of them are gone, haven't been active in several years. Typical carpetbaggers and I ended up throwing the stuff I bought from them in the trash.

Live and learn.

If you come here simply or primarily to sell, then pay up, get vetted and become a Vendor/Sponsor. No problem with those members at all, and I'm happy to do business with them.

But if you think that this is simply a place to peddle your range pickup brass and other doo-dads you pick up and find without having any other contributions to make here, my advice is to get lost.

"Oh yeah," and "me too" kinds of posts, or a run of five, ten, fifteen fluff/airhead posts in a day or two to meet the requisite number of posts in order to meet eligibility to sell on S&S also says something about character and intentions. . .

Rant off. . . temporarily.

:coffee:

Bullet Caster
01-22-2012, 03:36 PM
44Magnum1979,
I've been here since November 2011 and have over 250 posts and have never sold anything nor bought anything from any members here. Not that I have anything to sell, because I don't but I've seen several things I wish I had the money to buy but I've always refrained from doing so because I know I do not have the funds to purchase anything. I've seen several moulds that I would like to have bought but in all fairness, I wouldn't commit myself simply because I haven't found the extra cash to do so. It's really hard sometimes but I do exercise a little self restraint. I didn't join this forum just to buy and sell. There is a plethora of great information here on this site and I cherish the new relationships I have developed here. If you're wanting to sell items and do not have the required number of posts, then I would suggest that you turn to fleabay to hock your stuff.
Several members here on this forum have helped me out tremendously and I appreciate all their help. I came here to this site not only for the information to help me get started casting and reloading, but to make friendships with like mindness guys and gals who share in the same passion for the sport. Bide your time and get to know some folks here; you'll be glad you did. BC

Longwood
01-22-2012, 04:15 PM
While we are on the subject of peeve's.
I once tried to sell some items at a very reasonable price here. Lower than ebay.
I got an unreasonable offer from a guy that has some of the same items for sale after he splits up the kits so he can offer individual items from them at a much higher price.

In the future, if he has the best deal I ever did, or will see here, I won't bid on it.

A friend told me there are ways to have several names and ips addresses.

44magnum1979
01-22-2012, 06:04 PM
hey guys i just wanted to let everyone know that i am here to learn about boolits and everything thats goes with it. not just to sell things.

Daddyfixit
01-23-2012, 02:39 AM
hey guys i just wanted to let everyone know that i am here to learn about boolits and everything thats goes with it. not just to sell things.

Then you've come to the right place.
What calibers are you looking to cast for?
Start asking questions and you'll get loads of replies!(pun intended!)

44magnum1979
01-23-2012, 09:57 AM
Right now i been casting since august. i been a lurker one hear since then.i been casting for my 44 mag first. i also started casting for the 30-30 and 30-06.plus the 38 special.i really enjoy making my owm projectiles.

Ajax
10-25-2012, 11:27 AM
You should look into a 31141 mold it will fill the bill for the 30-06 and 30-30 mighty fine.

Andy

jaydub in wi
10-25-2012, 12:28 PM
While we are on the subject of peeve's.
I once tried to sell some items at a very reasonable price here. Lower than ebay.
I got an unreasonable offer from a guy that has some of the same items for sale after he splits up the kits so he can offer individual items from them at a much higher price.

In the future, if he has the best deal I ever did, or will see here, I won't bid on it.

A friend told me there are ways to have several names and ips addresses.

Speakig of peeves, I had an individual post that a mold was mine. Iwas to email him and swap info. I got a response asking which forum I was from. I told him castboolits. I had mailed my MO already. I got my MO back with a note saying the mold was sold. Would've been nice to get an email instead. He is the only person I've ever put on ignore on any forum ever. Rant over...

Mooseman
10-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Speakig of peeves, I had an individual post that a mold was mine. Iwas to email him and swap info. I got a response asking which forum I was from. I told him castboolits. I had mailed my MO already. I got my MO back with a note saying the mold was sold. Would've been nice to get an email instead. He is the only person I've ever put on ignore on any forum ever. Rant over...

This is one of the reasons why we have the Rule "It MUST be posted ONLY here and nowhere else" in our swap and sell section.

jaydub in wi
10-25-2012, 04:02 PM
This is one of the reasons why we have the Rule "It MUST be posted ONLY here and nowhere else" in our swap and sell section.

the ad was here. I know about this rule. Some people must think rules don't apply to them. That was part of the reason I was upset, but I'm much better now:shock:

Mooseman
10-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Yes sir, and when we catch them , they receive an Infraction for violating our rules.

R.Ph. 380
10-25-2012, 06:15 PM
Right now i been casting since august. i been a lurker one hear since then.i been casting for my 44 mag first. i also started casting for the 30-30 and 30-06.plus the 38 special.i really enjoy making my owm projectiles.

You know, Waksupi will sell you some back-ordered Lube Grooves. Your choice of size and clarity........................hehehe:kidding:

Lizard333
10-25-2012, 08:24 PM
I have some once fired gas checks to offer you at a great deal. Just a fraction of the cost of new. ;)

Welcome aboard. These guys here are great. I know for a fact that I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am in casting without these guys.

This is the best site around, hands down.

blackthorn
10-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Quote- "I have some once fired gas checks to offer you at a great deal. Just a fraction of the cost of new".

I supose that would be "where is, as is"????